Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #221
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eva02Soul @ Jun 19 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]295181[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, we have plasma fusion technology and powered assault armour, why not a handheld WMD? I think the fatboy was more of a flavour text thing than anything else though. I personally wouldn't care if it does make it in, or if it's left out.
[/b]
At least people here are reserved about it to some extent, other forums completely ignored the good parts of the article and just looked for EVERYTHING that was bad, including the fatboy.

You have to be some kind of crazy nerd to stoop so low as to start complaining about how a little silver hammer in a Super Mutant's hand looks like it's slightly from Oblivion.
And as for the Super Mutant looking like a Orc, they always did, big revelation oh god.

EDIT: And you know that may have just been Game Informer's doing, they tend to mess around with stuff like that A LOT just to make it sound cooler, it probably wasn't even the developer's exact words.

For example, they said that there would be a gun in Painkiller (the stake gun, which it is in the game) that would be able to impale an entire line of enemies, and stick them to the wall all in a big row, which in reality, the gun could only stake one person.

They tend to do that a lot because they think it stirs up hype, they insult their target audience's intelligence by thinking that because a game's weapons are exaggerated it will make people more excited for the big booms.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #222
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Quote:
You have to be some kind of crazy nerd to stoop so low as to start complaining about how a little silver hammer in a Super Mutant's hand looks like it's slightly from Oblivion.[/b]
It's actually worse :P
They're complaining a car differential (it isn't a silver hammer! It's a stainless steel carpart) looks like an Oblivion warhammer and a fire-hydrant looks like an Oblivion mace :tai:
Old 19-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #223
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Lol, the worst is that there's actually people whining that you can be "black" in the game because in the GI article it says you can choose your ethnicity.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #224
Eva02Soul
Game freak

but you could be black in Elder scrolls as well, nobody was complaining then
Eva02Soul is offline                         Send a private message to Eva02Soul
Old 20-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #225
12turtle12
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 18 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]295074[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I remember playing the first Fallout and using the "Ask About" box to type in "Sex" and "Gay Sex" and they would say "I don't know anything about that" and I'd be like "Sure you don't".
[/b]
Oh what I forgot all about that! That's freaking hilarious great minds think alike!
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 20-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #226
Doubler
Resident Llama

Quote:
but you could be black in Elder scrolls as well, nobody was complaining then[/b]
But not in Fallout. End.

Oh, and since you've just compared Fallout to TES you just lost any credibility for the avid Fallout fan, and have been classified as a shallow, twitchy console kiddy :P
Old 20-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #227
Eva02Soul
Game freak

Think what you like, but my turboplasma rifle and hardened power armored finesse critter beg to differ
Eva02Soul is offline                         Send a private message to Eva02Soul
Old 20-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #228
Doubler
Resident Llama

I was just anticipating the response you'd get on the Fallout forums
Old 20-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #229
Eva02Soul
Game freak

Yeah, but those are guys who would willingly drop the fatboy just so they could LARP their favourite game...
Old 20-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #230
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

LARPing is the single most gayest thing ever.

My Site -