Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #41
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Eagle? I don't know.

@MacLeod:

If you have Lion on disk, of course upload it! (It would be better than going to HOTU and filching it off of them)

Did you figure out how to upload it already? If not, send a pm to Kosta or I think Tom and they will show you how to upload.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 18-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #42
daskallu

Quote:
Originally posted by RituroErganesti@Jun 7 2005, 02:57 PM
I have the CD version of "Lion" and played it quite a bit a few years ago; if "Wolf" is anything like it, this should be a really good game.

I'm glad to hear the hunters in "Wolf" have guns. k: The "Lion" hunters were native African tribesmen (Masai Warrior? sp?) with spears, and encountering one basically meant death. You're telling me a guy with a pointy stick and ceremonial robes can beat a rampaging male lion during mating season? Whatever. :not_ok:
[size=1]Can anybody send me Lion to my email adress (daskallu@yahoo.co.uk). I allready have it but it doesn't work. AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE!

By the way, how can I, in Wolf, chose to be a lone wolf(I read somewere that you can).

AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE! (daskallu@yahoo.co.uk)
AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE! (daskallu@yahoo.co.uk)
AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE!
(daskallu@yahoo.co.uk)

Old 18-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #43
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm afraid shouting and posting your request several times over won't get you anywhere, daskallu, and Abandonia isn't about exchanging games either. Why don't you make a post about Lion in the Requests forum? If somebody owns the original game and somebody is willing to write a review and take screenshots, the game will be added to the site. Provided it's abandonware, of course.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 18-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #44
__candy___girl2__

Just wondering if Wolf works on newer comps. I just wanted to ask before i install it?? :blink:
__candy___girl2__ is offline                         Send a private message to __candy___girl2__
Old 18-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #45
__candy___girl2__

Hullo?? anyone here? i would really like sum help!
__candy___girl2__ is offline                         Send a private message to __candy___girl2__
Old 19-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #46
lethe
Game freak

It works in dosbox, as the sign located in the game's page mentions.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 19-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #47
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by __candy___girl2__@Jul 19 2005, 12:58 AM
Just wondering if Wolf works on newer comps. I just wanted to ask before i install it?? :blink:
Yet again...

You don't need to install the game. Most of the games on Abandonia (this one is no exception) are pre-perared.
You simply need to download it and extract the zipped file.

The age of a computer has got nothing to do with it. You can have a completely new computer - with a very old operating system on it (operating systems are DOS, Windows 9x, WinXP, Linux,...).
To see if it works on such systems look for the compatibility (if it's compatible it works). There are some programes that help you out. The bext one is DOSBox - you download that program (and learn how to use it) and every game downloadable on abandonia will work on your computer!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #48
lethe
Game freak

Any idea what that mist sign means?

(Obvious answer would be mist, but that would be way too obvious and wouldn't make sense).

Also didn't get the pointers about dogs, and since I play without sound (only music works), I don't really understand the sound signs that somehow appear in the corners.
Old 19-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #49
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

That means that those sounds can be heard from that direction. If you hear (let's say) dogs from the bottom right - that means that there are dogs there (probably hunting dogs accompanied by hunters with guns) or you're really close to a house that has a dog (but that's highly unlikely).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #50
lethe
Game freak

What means exactly a day in the game?

1 day?
1 week?
1 month?
1 season?

The manual isn't that much of a help, and I don't have enough time to find out the game by myself :whistle: