Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #21
Phoenixhawk

Typing anything doesnt work, gets me to the NEOINTRO and stops, anyone know how to beat the copyprotection or where a numbered manual is?

Old 17-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #22
tomf
Game freak

Send a message via AIM to tomf Send a message via MSN to tomf Send a message via Yahoo to tomf

Anybody know where to find a walkthrough?
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!

Click my dragons please
Or just click here for all of them
tomf is offline                         Send a private message to tomf
Old 14-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #23
Syrius
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to Syrius Send a message via MSN to Syrius Send a message via Skype™ to Syrius

Hi everyone!

I'm Syrius, new member of this forum. Nice to meet you all :brain:

I think what makes this game really special is the music. I'd really like to rip it off from the game's files... I wonder if it's possible.

Anyway I heard that Voyage's sequel has an English translation patch for the amiga version.

See ya
Syrius

C:\Dos\Run

C:\Dos\Run\Dos
Syrius is offline                         Send a private message to Syrius
Old 14-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #24

Hmm. This has to some of the poorest controls ever invented for a pc game. Why the heck have 100 buttons on the keyboard and then require obscure combinations of keystrokes between enter and arrow keys to do the simplest thing. It doesn't actually help that they fail to give any useful info in the manual either

Old 31-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #25
gr33n303
Lurker

Hi!
I tried quite some time to get the sound effects to work with Dosbox.

First of all the soundblaster emulation settings in Dosbox have to look like this:
sbtype=sb2
sbbase=220
irq=5
dma=1
When this game got out this was the standard setting for soundblaster-cards.

In the music directory I had to replace the file "ct-voice.drv"(for sb16) with the file for the soundblaster2. You can download this file from the creative-website. It's included in the dos-driver-package for soundblaster2.
--->you now should have sound effects
gr33n303 is offline                         Send a private message to gr33n303
Old 31-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #26
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33n303 View Post
irq=5
Dosbox default is irq 7

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #27
Toofy

Default Sound FX?

How do you get the sound fx to get working on this using DOSbox 0.73? CT-VOICE.DRV is in the music folder...
Toofy is offline                         Send a private message to Toofy
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #28
shouldbePalocles

@ the people who can't do anything once they make ti to the planet...

I've just been playing this for a little while and yeah, the controlls are a b*tch.

To access the lower part of the screen hold down enter and push the down arrow. That will give you a barely visible red outline to one of the boxes which can be moved around with the arrow keys.

Pressing enter while a character name is highlighted gives a menu with examine and select target in it. Moving the cursor to the letter to the left of the characters names allows you to change the designations of the team, ie. leader or merchant.

Moving the cursor over the symbols and H/M bars to the right of the characters gives you the 'class skills' menu, experience totals and 'character sheet' pages.

Moving the cursor to the far left gives you the teleport back to ship option and some options which only show in certain situations. Two situations i found were finding a lost girl, the arms dealers daughter, and helping the beaten up guy. Both reward you.

To fight someone you have to highlight a character name and select a target then press esc and move the cursor to the 'class skills' icon and select the attack target option. Keep clicking it till they die then repeat for multiple enemies. All the while you are doing this you will be attacked.

This seems to be a great idea but terribly executed.

Good luck.

ps. how the hell do i register to this forum?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #29
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

I had a horrendous time finding this, but I am a very persistent and determined person!

A walkthrough for this game can be found at the following link:

http://rayearlesgamehelp.info/Wfiles/Whale's_Voyage.html

I found a German version of this on www.dlh.net, and no online translator could translate it properly, or completely, which made me more determined to find this one, which is the same walkthrough! It is on the page for solutions for Amiga games, but it should be compatible with the DOS version (I hope!)

I also found out from Mobygames that "Whale's Voyage" is the European name for this, the U.S. release of this game was called "Distant Frontiers" for some reason.

Last edited by Diamondfist; 07-05-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 27-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #30
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

That link I posted in my prior post is no good anymore.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist