Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #21
FirstChild

Ya-hoo! This has to be my favourite pinball game, especially because of Babewatch. That can glue me to the computer for hours, the table is so efficient in everything, with all the rules to mind-boggle you and the extra little features. The only backside is perhaps the slightly unusual handling of the paddles at some times, which is especially irritating when you have four balls on the field at the same time and when you have five seconds to hit a ramp.
I have been playing with the floppy version for weeks, now I have to start getting those 700 millions again in the CD version
For some odd reason though, I have no music after the modes start in The Vikings. Huh. Actually, I might return to the floppy version, that has setup at least. I have no problem with the 320xwhatever resolution though, at least a larger area of the table is visible than in the normal resolution. You just have to accompany yourself to it.

Edit: Someone help! Is there any way to change the number of balls from three to five like in the three table version?
FirstChild is offline                         Send a private message to FirstChild
Old 11-07-2005, 12:44 PM   #22
Bartjaah [NL]

I'd beat u all in the Beach Pinball, I love that one.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #23
FirstChild

In Babewatch (the beach one) my top score is 1.051.796.700 . Top that?
My other favourite is the Viking one, but because of the 3 ball limit that's only 444 million.
FirstChild is offline                         Send a private message to FirstChild
Old 11-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Unfortunately, you cannot change the number of balls in this version.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #25
Skyrage

I'm just wondering whether anyone managed to get all music when playing this in Dosbox. Certain tunes simply don't play, and the main menu tune also doesn't play when I quit a table (does when I start the game up)...

Am I missing certain settings or does the game itself exclude some of the music?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #26
FirstChild

I think it's not only DosBox - I've played this version many years ago and that had a problem with music as well, that's why I sticked to the three-table version every time I didn't want to play the Viking table. It's a bug in the code, not in DosBox.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yup. And it's not the music is gone, because it starts after a minute or two.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #28

Soo...the 3-table version ain't avaliable here then I suppose?

Old 02-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #29
Skyrage

Meh, was me...

(don't really intend to register unless I happen to become a regular...got enough forums to read as it is for that tho :P)

Old 02-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #30
Taskmaster
Super Freak

If I may say, Addiction Pinball, which is not abandoned ware yet, is excellent. It has really incredible graphics still even though it is several years old now. It has only two tables; a car rally type table and a Worms-based table that is really fun.