Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default It Came from the Desert

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 29-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
Taulin

Default One of my favorite games

I had "It Came From the Desert" on my Amiga, and it was incredibly fun. Looking at this PC pics, it looks like the graphics took a turn for the worse in the port. I will see tonight.

Either way, this is a fun game that can be finished pretty easily once you know what and where to go.

Taulin is offline                         Send a private message to Taulin
Old 29-06-2004, 09:22 PM   #3
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The review does not mention the movie this game is based upon just that game is enspired by B-movies from the fifties. There is actually a movie called "It came from the desert" (I saw it ) and it has the exact plot of the game.
You might want to mention that in the review.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 30-06-2004, 12:38 AM   #4
muaddib
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to muaddib Send a message via MSN to muaddib

I must say I really liked the review. I knew the game, but didn't really feel like playing it. This changed now .

One question. Is the time limit like "It's game over when the time is up"? 'Cause that sucks :?
muaddib is offline                         Send a private message to muaddib
Old 08-12-2004, 03:34 PM   #5
Abandon-Guy

I think there was a sequel called "It Came From The Desert II - Antheads"?

cool game though.

Old 17-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
Vangen
Lurker

Wink

Okay, 4 months later i should try to get in touch here.. I don't quite get how to operate/start this game and setup. I tried all that i have aknowledge of, but i still fail. And there was no good information sticked with the download.
I used to play this game with my closest neightbor and girlfriend when i attended fourth-class.. And never had the change or experience to complete the game, so i realy wish someone here could help me out here.

If someone whats they can mail me at ************@hotmail.com or ************@online.no

Sincerly Marius
Vangen is offline                         Send a private message to Vangen
Old 06-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #7
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Abandon-Guy@Dec 8 2004, 04:34 PM
I think there was a sequel called "It Came From The Desert II - Antheads"?

cool game though.
k: There is indeed a second game in the series. Amasing how they took the old game and only changed a few scenes and the storyline to create the sequel. Exelent game though! Managed to aquire both games for my WINUAE. Having a little trouble getting the frame rate correct, but im getting there :w00t:
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 15-08-2005, 02:06 AM   #8
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

Excuse my shameless wallowing in nostalgia here but..

When this game first appeared (I think I saw it first on the ST) I remember being shocked. I remember thinking that games were evolving into something utterly different and being highly impressed. Why? Well because it featured a plot ripped straight from a b-movie (I'm a big fan of b-movies so I was instantly hooked) and the way you could choose what to do next and pretty much go anywhere and try anything was just unique at the time. The action sections were less impressive looking back on it but at the time I was just stunned at how immersive and free the game was.

Unfortunately the 'sequel' which as mentioned really was just a few different screens left a bitter aftertaste in the mouth. Like Rocket Ranger (I think that was the title) this game had loads of personality and early cinematic style and for that it's worth checking out. Unfortunately the PC version is inferior in nearly every way to the earlier versions but for sheer innovation and style this is one of my favourite games of the time.
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 13-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #9
FiberWire
Forum hobbit

One of the best games I ever played!!
Any way to get sequel on this site? :bye:
FiberWire is offline                         Send a private message to FiberWire
Old 13-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #10
SupSuper
Games Master

Shouldn't this go to AR? It's been released as freeware: http://www.cinemaware.com/clsgame_itcame.asp
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper