Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2018, 02:16 AM   #1061
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Searching the internet, I believe I was able to find the old LOL tips website.

I am not sure because although the pic of the “red god” appears, I am pretty sure the maps were colored...

There, it explains the tricks and also exposes all maps of LOL1. Unfortunately, the links on LOL2 and LOL3 are broken.

Just a note: if you use a browser with extension / add-on like NoScript, ScriptSafe or something similar, do not allow the lygo.com domain as this may lead you to the broken link.

If you’d like to save the LOL Maps page, I’d recommend not saving to PDF using Chrome and its compatible browsers. I would recommend using IE to save in MHT format. Unfortunately, neither Firefox nor SeaMonkey (and compatible browsers) managed to save in MHT, the download just freeze...

Last edited by Mystvan; 13-04-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 13-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #1062
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
There, it explains the tricks and also exposes all maps of LOL1. Unfortunately, the links on LOL2 and LOL3 are broken.
Psst! Hear there! I know better place!

Cuebook for 1st part.

Official Guide for 2nd.

Guide for 3rd.

All are with maps, hints and solutions.

(Unfortunately, site is in Russian. :| Click Britain flag in upper right corner for English structure (but not description), and seek for "Documentation" links.
Old 13-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #1063
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Psst! Hear there! I know better place!

Cuebook for 1st part.

Official Guide for 2nd.

Guide for 3rd.

All are with maps, hints and solutions.

(Unfortunately, site is in Russian. :| Click Britain flag in upper right corner for English structure (but not description), and seek for "Documentation" links.
Greetings from Poke-man, Bonk! Bonk! Grandmaster Spectreman.

Thanks for the links. I was surprised that there are many documents for LOL. I assume the documents are in English.

I believe that both this site Old-Games.RU and Abandonia do not have the document “The History of the Lands of Lore” (List of NPCs and Monsters).

I could offer it later.

Well, at least GOG.com has the Manual and this document all in PDF.

Erratum: I was wrong because Old-Games.RU has really the file “The History of the Lands of Lore”. Well, I would not have guessed it since I downloaded it after posting in the AB Forums. Sorry for my mistake, Grandmaster Spectreman.

Last edited by Mystvan; 13-04-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 18-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #1064
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

old-games.ru takes preservation quite seriously. So if document is in public access, it's almost surely will be here (proven that game itself is uploaded).
Old 26-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #1065
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
old-games.ru takes preservation quite seriously. So if document is in public access, it's almost surely will be here (proven that game itself is uploaded).
One thing that caught my attention in the Cluebook you mentioned, Grandmaster Spectreman, was the stats of such so-called Great Orcs.

I always thought that such little Orcs were Goblins or small Ogres. They do not have the appearance of an Orc. Well, at least that would be my impression from the past.

Now, regarding these Great Orcs, I was surprised that stats are the same for everyone. Why? You will realize that there are 03 types of Great Orcs:

• Those who wear the gold armor, with a fiercest and frightening appearance (purple fur);
• Those who wear the beautiful and shining silver armor;
• And, finally, those who wear the bronze armor.

I always thought the ones wearing “nobler” and gleaming armor were more powerful or higher ranking type. It is like the hierarchy of super-soldiers Sardaukar and the indomitable Fremen.

Here comes the old Myst always thorough in the smallest details. It is just a curiosity.

By the way, the Cabal Warriors and Dark Commander are very cool! They are certainly my favorite villains!
Old 04-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #1066
Westwoodfan

Default Cashing Issues in dosbox.74-2

Hey folks,

I am a LONG time fan of this game. I still have my original CD I got for Christmas in '94.

I ran into some problems I am unsure of how to solve. After character selection the game freezes/crashes. Previously, this issue was solved by setting the cputype=386, however this seems to no longer work. I've read the manual and tried adjusting the cycles, to no avail.

Suggestions?
Westwoodfan is offline                         Send a private message to Westwoodfan
Old 05-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #1067
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Do not use 74-2? Why to update if you don't need it for your game?

Seriously, I would simply start the game in 0.74, as it works for you, as simplest solution.

Old DosBox notes also suggests to install patch. Check patches here.

Also, explanation of the bug available here. My (little) computer knowledge translate it as "there are several errors in code, fixed by patch, and one of them crashes DOSBox if processor supports it. 386 in DOSBox-0.74 isn't, so set core to 386 fixes this particular problem". Obviously, 0.74-2 changed it. And patch is recommended anyway.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 05-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 07-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #1068
Westwoodfan

Quote:
Do not use 74-2? Why to update if you don't need it for your game?

Seriously, I would simply start the game in 0.74, as it works for you, as simplest solution.

Old DosBox notes also suggests to install patch. Check patches here.

Also, explanation of the bug available here. My (little) computer knowledge translate it as "there are several errors in code, fixed by patch, and one of them crashes DOSBox if processor supports it. 386 in DOSBox-0.74 isn't, so set core to 386 fixes this particular problem". Obviously, 0.74-2 changed it. And patch is recommended anyway.
Okay.... So I re-installed .74. I tried the usual cputype/mounting. Didn't work. I got out my old laptop, and strangely, it did work (old laptop is running .74). At this point I have no idea what's going on.
Westwoodfan is offline                         Send a private message to Westwoodfan
Old 07-09-2018, 10:13 AM   #1069
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwoodfan View Post
Okay.... So I re-installed .74. I tried the usual cputype/mounting. Didn't work. I got out my old laptop, and strangely, it did work (old laptop is running .74). At this point I have no idea what's going on.
It might be the cycles set too high, more than 18000 shouldn't be necessary for the game, even less would be smooth.
Be sure to not set the available memsize= to more than 16mb, better yet set it to 8mb, some older games have problem with that. Also be sure to set ems= at the bottom in the options file to false, leave xms=true as is default. Be sure to use the 386_slow / 486_slow settings at cputype=, not the 386 or 386_prefetch ones as those often crash games.
core= should better be set to dynamic as it's the stable option, normal sometimes crashes games, as does simple.

Last edited by Scatty; 07-09-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 16-02-2020, 01:40 AM   #1070
bigvax
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougino View Post
I have read all the 104 pages of this forum, Lands of Lore sure was a hell of a game, I loved it and still do!
[...]
If you are interested the download link is http://mougino.free.fr/scotia.html
Have fun!
mougino
Hello!
I posted the trainer file and the link to your trainer on my website dedicated to this game.
http://landsoflore.ru/materials/files

The link to your site is indicated in the description.

My site itself is exclusively in Russian, but google.translate can you help

Thank you for the very great trainer !!!

Last edited by bigvax; 16-02-2020 at 01:46 AM.
bigvax is offline                         Send a private message to bigvax