Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Metal: Needed or Unneeded?
Slayer 5 4.81%
Metallica 21 20.19%
Gwar 2 1.92%
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society 8 7.69%
Anthrax 1 0.96%
Slipknot 4 3.85%
Other (please specify) 63 60.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #241
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

I'll throw my hat in...

I have an interest in a few metal bands.

Strangely, I'm not into any one sub-genre of metal, and, as a matter of fact I often find that I like one band from a genre and not any of the others.
I'm into Machine Head, Metallica, Dragonforce (even though I dislike all other power metal bands), Drowning Pool (even though I disklike most other Nu-metal/Metalcore bands), Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down's earlier material. Most of the rest I'm fairly indifferent to.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 09-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #242
Iowa
Game Wizzard

When you say you like RATM's earlier music, is that an implication that you don't like The Battle of Los Angeles? Because that was one spectacular album...
Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #243
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Nov 9 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]266086[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When you say you like RATM's earlier music, is that an implication that you don't like The Battle of Los Angeles? Because that was one spectacular album...
[/b]
The Battle of Los Angeles is a cool album, but it's nothing on the first one. The first RATM album rules.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #244
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Nov 9 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]266086[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
No... I just forgot a comma. :wallbash:

I meant System's earlier music only.

Although I did prefer RATM's self-titled album to The Battle of Los Angeles
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 09-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #245
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

I just bought Rammsteins Sehnsucht album a week ago its an older one but damn its the best material ive heard from them. I have "Reise Reise" and "Mutter" as well but this one is great. I know there not technicaly metal but most people who listen to metal or have good taste in metal, have them in there collection am i wrong?
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 10-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #246
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

They come close to being metal at times, but really they don't quite get there, think the main draw is that they sing in german, but from what I read across different metal boards, they are decent but hugely overrated.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 10-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #247
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Spider Mastermind: Hmm, I really will have to check out their self-titled...everybody seems to like it alot, and the two tracks i've heard from it ("Bulls On Parade" and "Killing In the Name") are awesome.

Shunk Eat Enemy: Congratulations on your purchase of Sehn Sucht, it's a truly groundbreaking album. There are only two tracks off that CD that I do not like ("Kuss Mich" and "Stripped").

Deathdude, I can understand why some people might see Rammstein as overrated (given their world-reknownedness), but I think they deserve it. They have some truly creative lyrics as well as genius riffs. If you haven't yet heard them, take a listen to "Engel" and "Mein Teil".
Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #248
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Actually it's quite the opposite, that the band itself doesn't write anything that really stands out and just are another generic industrial rock band, with german singing. There are far better bands in their genre of music, plus it is annoying to hear that Rammenstein is assumed to be metal is the general consensus I have heard plenty around different metal boards.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #249
zori

most of music that i listen is some sort of metal although i listen everything from reggae to (almost) any form of metal and speaking of slayer (on the poll) gonna see slayer/inflames/children of bodom/lamb of god/thine eyes blind live next monday!! :brain: :bleh: :w00t: although slayer is the band that i want to see least of em
zori is offline                         Send a private message to zori
Old 11-11-2006, 07:14 AM   #250
Iowa
Game Wizzard

:wallbash: Why can't that be me? :wallbash:

I'll never get to go to a metal concert...you see, they don't really notice backwater hick towns.