Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #141
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I don't agree, in my opinion Warcraft III has not much to offer in singleplayer besides nice graphics, and gameplay fun is quickly depleted, while playing on Battle-Net isn't much more than mindless hunting the opponent town and storming all your units into a almost chaotical mass battle.
I remember playing Warcraft 1 for much longer and more often than I ever played Warcraft III. It's only today that when there're games with great graphics one thinks they're all better than games of the past, but graphics is not everything, there's gamefun too.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 13-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #142
Big T

Hey Guys!
This version of Warcraft has a major bug on level 7.I can't believe that nobody has talked about that bug in this forum.Anyway once you install this game on your computer you've to install the uppgrade aka patch 1.21.You can download the upgrade from Blizzard Entertainment website

Old 14-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #143
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Paradoxically I agree and disagree on both counts

Warcraft 1 was great but then I've liked 3 also and sometimes still play both. Couldn't get 2
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 03-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #144
Nitemare

I remember when i first played this game...i was like.....6 LOL... i thought it was the coolest game in the world ( i still do) but one thing i miss in this version is where theres speech in the briefings...then after the speech it would cut to a scene closing in on like a building or something... but i noticed the version on here is the "floppy" version..i had the CD version.. but i lost my copy..my dad sold it like a year after LOL... then i saw it in a thrift store last week...I saw it just laying there waiting for me... I was like some one has to be S***ing me... then i found out some one just pocketed the CD and left the Jewel case laying there... LOL so i'm like D***! LOL... so i'm still on the search for a reasonable price for a cd version... the place i saw it at...wanted like $3 US for it... LOL well i'm done ranting...hahaha

---Nitemare

Old 27-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #145
zori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XoutbackX @ Aug 1 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]246343[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
ugh why dose every body think that war craft 1 is so good i think number three beets them all here
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XoutbackX @ Aug 2 2006, 04:23 AM) [snapback]246391[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
don"t any body agree???? <_<
[/b]

i disagree
zori is offline                         Send a private message to zori
Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #146
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi, there,

I like Warcraft 1 and want to play with a friend in my local 2- PC network.
But I am unable to play cause " You have floppy disk game" - ?!
Can You play it in net?
Pls any help will be highly appreciated.

Thankful yog
Old 06-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #147
zori

no idea what 'you have floppy disk game' and generally if you have modem & connection you can play warcraft 1 without problems (i think) but there is way
to play with bit *cough* more modern connections aswell by using some of those err.. what they are called 'virtual lan' programs dunno what they really are called gotta check rules if im even allowed to link some here but not entirely sure if it works through those either
zori is offline                         Send a private message to zori
Old 07-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #148
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

As far as I know, Warcraft 1 does not support LAN games. It does, however, support null-modem connection.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #149
Lord Keith

First I have to say that abadonia should be a compeny with real paying jobs cause you desirve get every penny what your doing.

Sorry didn't felt like registering.

I love warcraft all the way. But my question is why doesn't warcraft have the full stuff like in the mission briefing you had those characters talk?

Old 13-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #150
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord Keith @ Nov 13 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]266608[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
First I have to say that abadonia should be a compeny with real paying jobs cause you desirve get every penny what your doing.

Sorry didn't felt like registering.

I love warcraft all the way. But my question is why doesn't warcraft have the full stuff like in the mission briefing you had those characters talk?
[/b]
Simply because this version is a rip. Look at it's size, it's only 5 mb in a zip archive. Full version of Warcraft is around 100 mb large, with full briefing speech and full FLI videos.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire