Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Wasteland Styled Game

Ok, all the links your goona need, are right here;

http://modules.t-o-m-e.net/scribe.php
http://t-o-m-e.net/download.php?tome_current=0

Basically, in the game TOME, its my hope that i can create a wasteland - like game, using the wasteland map, but with things added on (maybe) or making a completely new map. TOME is what im building the mod off of (^SECOND LINK^) and Scribus (^FIRST LINK^) Is what we apparently need to us to code. Now, i have very basic knowledge of Java code, so i may need help!

Basically, my story right now is;

Your 19. You start on your families farm, if you can call it that, because the grounds cracked and dry, and the crop isn't very big, but you make a living like this. Your in the western Nevada desert. You finish your chores for the day, and head off to the south, to go take a swim in the small pool there (radiated? non radiated? who cares) only to find that when you get back, your house is destroyed, and your family is dead. You know, the usual RPG stuff. So anyways, you hurk up your dads old and outdated hunting rifle, and follow the tracks of the raiders that killed your family, they lead to a town, to the north, called "Barter Town*", a town full of crime, villiany, death, so on so forth, pretty much, its a scum pit.

So you stop at a local inn, and ask around, and find out that the people who did it, a group of 5 or so raiders, were actually hired to do it - turns out your father had a life out in the wasteland before settling down, and pissed off allot of bad people. So now you have 2 things to do - find out your fathers past, and kill the raiders. This will ultimately lead to more things, too. But this is the simple thing i have now. You gotta start out simple.

EDIT: Alternativly, you can open all the files in wordpad :\ but yea, cause after tinkering with Scribe, i've gotten nowhere, so still deciding.

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 01-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
ComboTroop
Abandonia nerd

Sounds like a cool idea!
ComboTroop is offline                         Send a private message to ComboTroop
Old 01-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

So basically, it's like Fable?

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
chainsoar
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugerfang View Post
So basically, it's like Fable?
And Wasteland.

And Fallout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar