Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #41
cadderlet

Hi Guys,

thanks lulu

to be honest the way i see it, ubisoft dont seem to have much of a clue about what they are doing. If i thought it could be done, i would consider actually sueing ubisoft for slandering what they actually state as 95% of pc users as being pirates, i just figure if they're gonna slate me a pirate anyway i mgiht as well act like one "YYYYAAARRR ME HARTIES", guess thats where loyalty gets you these days.

I agree with some of the posts that i have seen on other forums that it seems to be a case that ubisoft want PC users to ditch ubisoft rather than see ubisoft ditch the pc. However, it occurrs to me that the pc market must be 2nd only to the 360 and only due to how hard it is to actually flash 360's these days. It is a fact that the wii is more or less blown wide open now, if ubisoft can make more than 3K a month on wii releases i will be surprised. I do honestly think though that world wide sales (typically in countries such as china, korea, japan and europe) will only get worse on the ps3 now, if PSN is ever hacked again i can seriously seeing that being the end of the ps3 since i doubt that the average household consumer will trust playstation anymore.

It will be very interesting too see what ubisofts figures are like over the next quater after making the remarks they have. I suspect that their sales figures will drop again now by a further 2-3% due to the resentment of loyal ubisoft fans at remarks made, will ubisoft class them as pirates too?

I think Ubisofts CEO must sleep with a big red button next to his bed marked "THIS COMPANY WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECS" and he must have got curious and pushed it cos if they are not careful, very careful, i cant se eubisoft being here in 10 years time not unless the new next gen systems due up for release i.e. the WiiU, PS4 and Xbox 720 redeem their public image or they appologise publically for what they have said. They must have realised how much buisiness they would loose if they dropped the PC due to their decision not to use the same DRM in AC3 as they did in AC2, or maybe they want to give modern warfare a run for its money before they screw pc gamers over?

but to be completely honest, as a gague try comparing sales of assassins creed 2 on the 360 to the ps3 to the pc. That i think would give an idea of how bad piracy actually is on the pc as compared to consoles since that game uses always on DRM and is available on all platforms.

sorry to keep banging on about it but i have a real bee in my bonnet over this (p.s.) ubisoft games are more expensive now on pc than they are on console in stores like steam and game.co.uk, dont know if anyone has noticed.

Last edited by cadderlet; 05-12-2011 at 03:50 AM.
cadderlet is offline                         Send a private message to cadderlet