Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
a1s
Hero Gamer

This is a pretty cool game, I think we should play it!
a few things though:
this is a 5 player version, so pretty much just the first 5 people who sign up will be able to play (hurry!)
to speed things up, I belive that all players should live in the same time zone, seeing how that is impossible, at least the same region.
so this is the european thread (for all purposes Moscow, Cairo, and the like are in europe, since we share the same timezone).
for anyone who doesn't know how to play, rules can be found in the box bellow.
Quote:
This game is mostly deduction / bluffing.

Here are the rules:

The game begins with a 1st night session in which the werewolf does NOT get to kill someone. Roles with night abilities other than the werewolf use them now.

Next is the 1st day. The group lynches one player. Any player may make an accusation against another player. If the majority of players vote for the accusation, then that player is "on the block". A player on the block makes a defense speech, and then a death vote is called. If a majority vote for death in the death vote, the players is dead and may no longer talk (post)...no dying words or anything. If a majority do not vote for the death speech, it doesnt occur. If a subsequent lynching attempt is made against the same player, they must again go through two votes, a 'on the block' vote and a death vote.

Next is the 2nd night (assuming the werewolf is still alive). All abilities are used, including the werewolf's ability to kill.

Next is 2nd day, there are 3 players left, they lynch one player, with the same rules. This ends the game.

When a player dies, his or her role is NOT revealed. That player may no longer post (talk). However, from the time of the first death to the end of game will likely be short, relative to the total game time.

The roles: I will randomly assign the following roles to the players:

Werewolf. (Duh!)

Sorcerer: The sorcerer wants the werewolf to win, and wins if the werewolf wins, even if the sorcerer is dead. The sorcerer looks like a villager to the seer. During the night, the sorcerer looks at one player and determines if they are the SEER or not. The sorcerer does NOT know the identity of the werewolf, the werewolf does NOT know the identity of the sorcerer.

Seer: During the night, looks at one player and determines if they are the WEREWOLF or not.

Hunter: If the game ends with the Hunter and Werewolf as the only 2 remaining players, then the hunter kills the werewolf and the villager team wins the game. Thus, the Werewolf/Sorcerer team must either kill the hunter or get him lynched, in order to win.

Villager: Basic villager.

You can email privately, and claim whatever you want, but of course, you cannot PROVE your role. I will inform each player of his or her role to start the game.

Some strategy notes:

The hunter just needs to live in order to win. He is even more critical to the villager side than the seer is! Convincing the werewolf that he is the sorcerer can often result in a win for the villager team. But if he looks like a sorcerer to everyone, they may lynch him in day 1.

The sorcerer needs to be active, to help his team win. If he strongly believes the hunter to be dead, then in Day 2, he can offer himself to be lynched, and win (if the hunter really is dead).

The seer should probably reveal his information at a critical time in day 1. By day 2, it'll be him, werewolf, and either sorcerer or good guy. If sorcerer, the "I'm the seer and its X" will not work, the sorcerer wants to save the wolf. If villager, then its just his word against the wolf, of who is the real seer.

If the seer sees an innocent person, he can message that player and tell that player what he knows. Of course, he might have seen the sorcerer. Or the sorcerer might be the one claiming to be the seer in a private message, telling somoene they know they are innocent to get that person on his side.
The villager team wants for round 1 to last a long time, dragging out enough information to make a very educated guess as to who is the wolf. Random killing benefits the wolf, possibilities for deduction benefit the good side. As a member of the good team, be VERY careful of lynching someone. If you go along with the wolf and sorcerer to lynch an innocent, you have probably reached a 2 on 1 situation against the evil characters, which is very bad (especially if you are not the hunter).
© stolen from here, I don't know where they got it.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 30-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Im in!
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 30-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Master MC
Hero Gamer

I'm in as well !!1111
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 30-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

dibs!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 31-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #5
Master MC
Hero Gamer

I don't know if 'dibs' is a yes, but aren't you from America?

O and can someone explain the seer and the sorcerer?
They don't seem to have skillz at all.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 31-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #6
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Dibs is a yes...and I'm from America, but I'm constantly on line...I'll be able to keep up...
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 31-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
a1s
Hero Gamer

two things:
1)why don't you (make someone) start your own Werewolf game for american time zone?
2)If you don't want to do that, I can put you in reserve, and if we won't have 5 players by tommorow, you will get the place k:
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 31-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #8
Mara
Abandonia nerd

I'm in

why limit to 5 people ? you can play with more than five.
Mara is offline                         Send a private message to Mara
Old 31-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Take a look at the original place, it is for the most efficient gameplay.
In that way more people can play after each other.
By the way, I hope you'll be online a lot!
Old 31-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #10
Mara
Abandonia nerd

http://lesloupsgarous.free.fr/
If someone wondered. The original game

rules are silghty diffrents from thoseI know. I shall mind reading these carrfully.
Mara is offline                         Send a private message to Mara