Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-02-2005, 04:19 AM   #91
sm0kiE

You need to capture and research a live sectoid, which will give you research for Alien Origins, then you research another live sectoid leader to unlock The Martian Solution.

After you research that, you need to capture a sectiod commander from a base, and finally you can research Cydonia or Bust.
sm0kiE is offline                         Send a private message to sm0kiE
Old 09-02-2005, 04:33 AM   #92
Canadianmonk3y

Quote:
Originally posted by sm0kiE@Feb 9 2005, 05:19 AM
You need to capture and research a live sectoid, which will give you research for Alien Origins, then you research another live sectoid leader to unlock The Martian Solution.

After you research that, you need to capture a sectiod commander from a base, and finally you can research Cydonia or Bust.
WRONG

You need to capture an ethereal, or any other race's leader to research "the Martian Solution" and you need to capture a commander after that to research "Cydonia or Bust."
Canadianmonk3y is offline                         Send a private message to Canadianmonk3y
Old 09-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #93
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Can anyone tell me how the drop button in the soldier equip menu works?
Doesn´t seem to work in my version...
And how to unload a weapon?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 09-02-2005, 08:00 PM   #94
Canadianmonk3y

Quote:
Originally posted by DonCorleone@Feb 9 2005, 07:28 PM
Can anyone tell me how the drop button in the soldier equip menu works?
Doesn´t seem to work in my version...
And how to unload a weapon?
To drop something put it on the huge grid below your soldier in the inventory screen.
-Or just put it in your hand and throw it.

To unload a weapon, click a weapon to hold it with the cursor in the inventory screen, and then click on the eject magazine button at the top right of the screen near the left and right arrow buttons.
Canadianmonk3y is offline                         Send a private message to Canadianmonk3y
Old 09-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #95
another_guest

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadianmonk3y@Feb 9 2005, 05:33 AM
You need to capture an ethereal, or any other race's leader to research "the Martian Solution" and you need to capture a commander after that to research "Cydonia or Bust."
Yes, the race doesn't really matter, only the rank does.
The "hardest" part is to capture such a commander alive as these are quite limited in numbers, only one per alien base.

As for dropping weapons: if the space at the soldier's feet is too full (the large grid mentioned is filled with equipment), try clicking the scroll button at the right, just above the grid. Sometimes it's a bit tricky when clicking that button doesn't work, then you might need to shove some grenades or other small equipment around to make space for whatever you want to get rid of.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #96
Canadianmonk3y

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest+Feb 9 2005, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (another_guest @ Feb 9 2005, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Canadianmonk3y@Feb 9 2005, 05:33 AM
Yes, the race doesn't really matter, only the rank does.
The "hardest" part is to capture such a commander alive as these are quite limited in numbers, only one per alien base. [/b][/quote]
WRONG

ANY Ethereal, OR a leader for the martian solution.
ANY commander for cydonia or bust.

There can also be two leaders in an alien base, and I think there can be two in a battleship as well.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #97
another_guest

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadianmonk3y@Feb 9 2005, 10:32 PM
WRONG

ANY Ethereal, OR a leader for the martian solution.
ANY commander for cydonia or bust.

There can also be two leaders in an alien base, and I think there can be two in a battleship as well.
Heheh,

I said only one COMMANDER, I didn't say anything about the possible number of leaders. There are plenty of those indeed.

I didn't know though that any ethereal would do k:

Old 09-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #98
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Uhhm, did anyone recognize that the Ufo version offered here doesn´t and won´t work?
This is for a simple reason: the archive MISSDAT is missing. Without mission data, no game. Or am I wrong :bye:

BTW the button to unload weapon doesn´t work with version from hotu or with abandonia´s fixed version(by me )
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 09-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #99
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

My copy (from here) does and will work, including the missions. I don't know about the unload button though, never used it.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 09-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #100
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Hmm ridiculous... :blink:
My copy definately has a loss of this folder and therefore crashes when starting a mission...
I´ll check out again. Sry so far... thought that might be the solution.