Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Because it's definitely some smoothing setting, and not simple 2x. Look on the video picture you posted - nose is much more even, and scar is less structured, for example.
I'll check it at home, if I will have free time.

Ah, wait, if you set up Daum, then you can change picture in realtime and observe results. Set in Video menu - Output (open GL or Direct3D), then start to experiment with Scalers. Skip Normal and Hardware, they are designed to give original picture. Your scaler is something about MAME, HQ, or other "advanced" filters.

P.S. All this scalers give some very different results, so if you cannot see the difference - double check output. Not every output supports every scaler (default Surface, for example, doesn't support anything, and Overlay - only limited range of them), so either GL, or Direct3D, if other is not work.

P.P.S. I toyed with scalers and shaders. Neither give the same look. :| They are too rough. Also, they are independent from each other, so it's really possible to have D3D+Hardware 3D - _and_ specific shader that will change the look.

Sorry, I have no idea how to help you more. Try to ask for dosbox.conf maybe? If there are nothing special, I'll had to believe it's really different version. :|

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 10-06-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 10-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #12
kingofrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Because it's definitely some smoothing setting, and not simple 2x. Look on the video picture you posted - nose is much more even, and scar is less structured, for example.
I'll check it at home, if I will have free time.

Ah, wait, if you set up Daum, then you can change picture in realtime and observe results. Set in Video menu - Output (open GL or Direct3D), then start to experiment with Scalers. Skip Normal and Hardware, they are designed to give original picture. Your scaler is something about MAME, HQ, or other "advanced" filters.

P.S. All this scalers give some very different results, so if you cannot see the difference - double check output. Not every output supports every scaler (default Surface, for example, doesn't support anything, and Overlay - only limited range of them), so either GL, or Direct3D, if other is not work.

P.P.S. I toyed with scalers and shaders. Neither give the same look. :| They are too rough. Also, they are independent from each other, so it's really possible to have D3D+Hardware 3D - _and_ specific shader that will change the look.

Sorry, I have no idea how to help you more. Try to ask for dosbox.conf maybe? If there are nothing special, I'll had to believe it's really different version. :|
CRTD3D seems to be the best shader I've tried with hq2x scaler. It adds a lot of black level and reduces pixelation in FMVs the most. I think that is what I'm going to settle with. Thank you for all your help.

Last edited by kingofrock; 11-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.
kingofrock is offline                         Send a private message to kingofrock
Old 11-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #13
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, you are welcome.