Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

So I thought I would jump on the band wagon and share this little piece I wrote for yall. Background: This song is entitled Industrial Fate. I wrote it using Finale 2003. Orchestration is as follows: Violin 1, Violin 2, Cello 1, Cello 2, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Marimba, Chimes, Timpani, Auxillary (toms, cymbals, etc.) My band teacher asked me to write something for our wind ensemble to try playing, so I pumped this out last weekend to show it to him. This is my standard orchestration for most songs I write, and then I later put them into whatever orchestration I see fit. I am currently arranging this for four trumpets, four horns, tenor sax, alto sax, barisax, euphonium, bassoon, bass clarinet, four trombone, two flute, four clarinet, oboe, percussion. When I finish with that, I might post it as well. I apologize for the not so great sound quality, but it came from a midi and you get the idea of the song. Also, at 1:40, there is supposed to be a drastic tempo change to 80 BPM (slow), but the midi wouldn't do it, so it blazes through at original tempo, so just try to imagine it slower, more legato, and beautiful. There is another tempo change at 2:09 back to original tempo, so that is no problem. I hope you enjoy it. Comments and Criticisms are always welcome!

Industrial Fate
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 18-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
FreeFreddy

Quote:
Error.
The system cannot find the file specified.
The page cannot be found.
Blablabla...

Old 18-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ok, so apparently my hosting site has a little bug right now that they are trying to fix. If you would like to hear this song, and the one of me singing, I grant you all access into my folder (because it's only for my music anyway.) Go to here and log in as ReamusLQ, password is Music (capital M) and click on "my files" Then just click on the file you would like to download. This will allow you to hear it until it starts to work again. Enjoy! k:
Old 18-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
FreeFreddy

Wow, this one is very well made. k:
Even though some MIDI synth is noticeable, it sounds very professional made. Reminds me on music from the 3D shooter Hexen. Keep up the good work.
Btw., and what are that bells sounding only 0.5 seconds before the beginning of the actual song? :whistle:

Old 18-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Feb 18 2005, 12:12 PM
Wow, this one is very well made. k:
Even though some MIDI synth is noticeable, it sounds very professional made. Reminds me on music from the 3D shooter Hexen. Keep up the good work.
Btw., and what are that bells sounding only 0.5 seconds before the beginning of the actual song? :whistle:
:eeeeeh: there are bell sounds?
Old 18-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
FreeFreddy

Yep, at the very beginning, already disappearing when they're audibly.

Old 18-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

oooo! You should recognize those Freefreddy ;-) I was listening to your Crystals at the same time I was changing the file from a MIDI to an MP3, and I guess I didn't turn it off fast enough and I didn't preview the file before I uploaded it. <shrug> oh well!
Old 18-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
FreeFreddy

That's what I meant. I thought that already, just wanted to "sting" you a little.

Old 18-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #9
FlightorFight

Way cool! I like the jazzy chord it ends with. It gives me jazz hands
FlightorFight is offline                         Send a private message to FlightorFight
Old 18-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

This is pretty interesting.
Even though the rythm is pretty cool, it gets repetitive, in my opinion.

I really like the tension that's going on just before minute 03, up untill just before minute 04. It's pretty cool athmosphere.

But there's one thing I have to say.. I've been playing in wind ensembles for a long time, for most of my life. I personally would hate playing this song. I mean, it's fun listening to it, but I really doubt (most) people would enjoy playing it..
sorry...
but those are just my couple of cents..

=/
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin