Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-05-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
12turtle12
Game freak

Default Tegels Mercenaries

The view was like Crusader NR, but the first mission, you were trying to protect some political figure, and you could pick a few or four or five guys to a team, I forget the number. Also, it was sci-fi, I'm sure. It came out around the same time as Doom or Doom 2, maybe 1993 or so. Any ideas?
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 30-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Syndicate?
Old 30-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ May 30 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]292018[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Syndicate?[/b]
The objective in the first mission was to KILL a politician.
But it still might be it. Or Syndicate Wars or Jagged Alliance?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:25 AM   #4
12turtle12
Game freak

---So, I believe I have asked about this game before, but I wasn't sure so here goes:
I was on reloaded and found this game - the screenshots of this were similar to what I am going to ask about. http://www.reloaded.org/download/FreeDroidRPG/120/

---When you start out, you can pick a group of mercenaries ( I want to say 4 or 6 ) and then you can pick their equipment as well. One of the levels if I'm not mistaken has you start out just to the SouthEast of a platform where a man is giving a speech to a small crowd of people. I think he is either a presidential candidate, or some sort of politician. Anyway, you are supposed to protect him, and maybe even fend off some assassins as well.
---As I recall, you could walk to the NorthWest, then around the back of a hallway or building or something, go all the way to the SouthEast again and get into a room that had either a bomb, or the last assassin. Anyway, I'm not sure if that's a good description in this paragraph, so disregard if you get confused.
I remember this game being around the same time as Doom because my friend's dad would sit there and play Doom online w/ friends (I thought it was so cool because it was the first game I ever saw you could play online - and all the other people had that goofy little green body armor too)
---If there's any suggestions - please let me know I will look through anything to find this game. I only got to play it a couple times but I've always remembered it. There were also different races you could choose from, maybe even robotic as well.
---I put a link to the FDRPG download page, which has screeshots on it. The 3/4 view from above (Like Starcraft I guess) is exactly the same as I remember this SciFi game having. PLEASE help if you can! Thanks!
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cazgotsaved @ Sep 10 2007, 06:25 AM) [snapback]309966[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
---So, I believe I have asked about this game before
[/b]
Merged your old request into this one - first three posts are from there.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
12turtle12
Game freak

thanks - I figured I had brought it up before but now I had more info. Jagged Alliance looks pretty cool, but no, that's not it, and it definitely not a Syndicate game. I am absolutely sure it was set in the future and the characters you chose for missions could be different races.