Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

well what electro bands do you like ?

my self, I like Apoptygma Berzerk, Red Flag (although i would call them more synth than electro) Colony 5 , Portland (a Danish electro band) and many others(De/Vision and Wolfsheim) so then, tell what electro bands you like

Because I like many other than them I have mentioned

just a little tidbit Kraftwerk are those people I would call the "founding fathers" of the electronic scene there is today.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yay! I'd say Depeche Mode, and then plenty of electroclash bands (The Faint, Fischerspooner et al.) and some French electropop - Air, Client, Les Rythmes Digitales, Felix Da Housecat.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
omg
Games Master

@beef: agreed. all way cool.
altho i never know when something stops being electro and becomes something else ...
i hate musicall definitions.
would you count the eurythmics as electro? cuz in my vinyl collection they are in the electro section. then again so are joy division. (is that maybe electro clash then ie: guitars synths an minimall beats. gaahh)
where would you classify vangellis?
out from all the modern crowd fisherspooner are my faves at the mo.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 03-07-2005, 10:52 PM   #4
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Not a vangelis fan - the Eurythmics have done a variety of things, though their best stuff must count as electro. Joy Division were too depressing to count as electro - though they're in the same part of my CD collection as Depeche Mode, but only because they naturally go with New Order, for obvious reasons. I've run out of space anyway and need to reorganise - I have The Cure, Morrisey and Beck in the same place for some reason, and Jurassic 5 next to some classical CDs.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

De/Vision is not Joy Devision(of what i know off)

http://www.devision.de/
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 03-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
omg
Games Master

yes joy division is an entirely diffrent band of frollicking popsters ....
and yah a lot of the eurythmics stuff is electro then. some of it sounds like techno with annie lennox singing over it. probably why the hardcore crowd kept sampling her , then getting sued for it. (utah saints are a prime example ...)
Old 04-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #7
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

hmmm what I see as electro today is really synth accompanied with guitars and sometimes even drums. and bands that comes to mind is Portland(www.portlandweb.dk) Apoptygma Berzerk, Colony 5 .De/Vision calls themself progressive pop now , but started as a synthpop band. and Depeche Mode is really their own style today

but hey what about Namnambulu ?

and many of the other cool german bands like Wolfsheim and Melotron and VNV Nation and Assemblage 23 ? hell I think I will get digging when I get the time since there are so many cool bands in this "genre"
Old 04-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
omg
Games Master

keep coming with these german electro bands. im googling evry one that you put up k:
Old 04-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

FUNKER VOIGT, Front 242

and Project Pitchfork , MESH , Camouflage, T.O.Y. (Trademark Of Youth aka former Evils Toy.)

but Red Flag is no more because one of the two brothers died last year :-/

and Apoptygma(yeah it is Apoptygma Berzerk but many calls them Apoptygma) has remixed other artists
Old 04-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
omg
Games Master

out from all of the ones you have suggested i like assembledge 23 the most. definatly buying there cd.
for loads of free music check out new order online is there official site and i was amazed at the amount of free content.