Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #71
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Did you have the install in the drive C:, if not you might have to do.... :angel:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 09-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #72
Snake_Plissken

One of the greatest strategy games I ever played... The music, graphics ahh, nostalgia k:
Snake_Plissken is offline                         Send a private message to Snake_Plissken
Old 29-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally posted by Kosta@Aug 24 2004, 07:25 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review
I played this game alot years ago. I almost never defended a territory unless I had enough men to fight with half and still have a fighting chance. If you group your men very close together they tear up the opponents, especially if you position them on an extreme corner where the enemy comes at you one at a time. Knights are particularly vulnerable to a tight group of soldiers. Knights in a group are very powerful. Try building your castles with the tower surrounded by a tiny single wall and build the rest of the castle on the opposite side of the screen, if you lose the castle to a powerful enemy it is still easy to recapture because the majority of the defenders will end up in the large empty part of the castle and not be able to intercept you attacking the tower. Never leave your solders where the computers puts them, they are spread to wide and on opposite sides of the castle. clump them tightly together and give them all the same target to keep them together so they fight better. Each solder gets only so many hits before they die and as a group the hits are distributed where in one on one fighting a solder can die from the total hits. If you get good try taking over all the popes lands, he'll excommunicate you and you'll have to bring your people's happiness up again in order to fight but if you win they have special screens and titles for you!

Old 04-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #74
tomf
Game freak

Send a message via AIM to tomf Send a message via MSN to tomf Send a message via Yahoo to tomf

Hey glad to see that the ESA has let you put the game up for download again but I have a question

Is there a way to invade someone's territory without the pope getting angry?

I loved the castle game when I first got it thanks for putting these great games up
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!

Click my dragons please
Or just click here for all of them
tomf is offline                         Send a private message to tomf
Old 23-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #75
jon316

hmm...I'm confused on what to do on the dosbox...It tells me that pretty much everything I do is an invalid command.

Old 23-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #76
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt. While I don't use it with DosBox myself, I can't deny its usefulness and will decidedly utilise it on my DOS machine.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #77

alright, well I tried to run castles2 off of the extraction from the zipped folder.

The game said that a file isn't found. a C2intro.lbm
I guess I won't be playing this game now :P

Old 23-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #78
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]239178[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
alright, well I tried to run castles2 off of the extraction from the zipped folder.

The game said that a file isn't found. a C2intro.lbm
I guess I won't be playing this game now :P
[/b]
H?m... you can't run it from the zip folder :blink:
It must be extracted to a folder on your HDD or it won't work.
If you run it from the zip folder, windows will only extract the exe file to a temporary folder, so the main program won't find the rest of the files.
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 23-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #79

nah, that's not what I meant. However, two minutes after I finished that last post I figured out what I was doing. No worries.

Old 30-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #80
Arlieth

Shoot. Are there any hex edits or patches to the game that prevents anyone from claiming the throne? I want to take over the entire map but Valois or Burgundy always claim, and then it's too late to conquer them. =/