Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #21
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
Borodin,

Why are you giving LB such a hard time? British is a hero for his gaming works and you know it.
No, I don't know it, but I know that you believe it. And given that I know LB, if slightly, and know quite a few of the people who he had in his team, quite a bit better, I hope you won't mind if I hold a different opinion from yours.

Quote:
Okay, U8 and 9 sucked, of course, but UO is the best MMORPG there has ever been. I can't believe you were so unpleasant to him.
Thou hast lost at least three eighths!
Yeah, right, he was a genius, a magnificent person, you love UO so everybody that says anything negative about Garriott or his games is automatically dumping on your hero. When you graduate to the point that you can recognize other people may hold opinions that differ from yours and both sets of opinions can be correct, feel free to contact me, again.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
DaAuCa

When Freud asks me in the beginning of the game, does that change in the Avatar's sex? I want him to be male, not female. But its like if I answer the question about my mother rather than my dad, my characters becomes a female... Don't know... Tell me what else you know about this game, will you?

And stop talknig about Richard Garriott, Ultima IX, and other stuff! This is about Martian Dreams, if you want to discuss about other topic, make the topic, my dog!
DaAuCa is offline                         Send a private message to DaAuCa
Old 18-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #23
Ranthalion75
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Skype™ to Ranthalion75

I love this game, I haven't made it very far, but I love it! I love the whole 'Avatar' series!
Ranthalion75 is offline                         Send a private message to Ranthalion75
Old 23-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #24
Bedlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAuCa View Post
When Freud asks me in the beginning of the game, does that change in the Avatar's sex? I want him to be male, not female. But its like if I answer the question about my mother rather than my dad, my characters becomes a female... Don't know... Tell me what else you know about this game, will you?
If you say you identify with your father you'll be male, with your mother, female. I couldn't figure it out how to set my sex either because I kept answering that I identified more with my mother. Dumb way to set up the sex selection really.

This was the only Ultima I'd never played until getting it here just now. I've been a fan of this franchise since I was 5 or 6 years old, the first RPG I ever played was Ultima IV. It doesn't hurt that this game is based on the U6 engine, I thought that was one of the better installments in the series. Icing on the cake here, though, is the early sci-fi theme in the vein of Verne or Wells, really unique as a backdrop. I'm digging this game.

Two downsides: Only one save slot and you have to delete your character to start a new game. On top of that deleting a character requires you to go back to the DOS prompt and fire up the install exe. Secondly, the controls are pretty cumbersome, although they aren't exceptionally bad (So many older computer games just seem to have terrible controls.)

Old 21-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
slx
Abandonia nerd

How can I save the game?
slx is offline                         Send a private message to slx
Old 21-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
Doomz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx View Post
How can I save the game?
CTRL-S
Doomz is offline                         Send a private message to Doomz