Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #91
The Dutch Ghost

Hello all,

I am the person who made the second last post, for some reason my account name was changed into 'GamerGirl' for no clear reason.
I am not even female.

Anyway, reregistered again and here I am.

I have always been a fan of Post Apocalyptic games, preferrably the ones dealing with a scenario taking place after the Bomb (don't care much for magic based stuff)

As I was a big fan of the Fallout games I also wanted to find out more about the game that pretty much 'started' the series.

To bad the sequel 'Fountain of Dreams' was such a different game, furthermore 'psychopathic clows' as opponents?
What were these guys using when they came up with the storyline for this game?

'Escape from Hell' was a complete different game despite using the same engine (I think), so that doesn't count.

I hope we get news soon from Inxile that they have started work on a new Wasteland RPG, I don't mind if it is a remake as I like the idea of exploring Post Nuclear Nevada and taking on the forces of Base Cochise.

BTW, has anyone ever written down all the dialogue in the original game, or downloaded all the stats of the opponents?

The Survival Guide wasn't any better than most of the walkthroughs gamers and magazines made and it lacks this information.

I still would like to see a guide that includes all this information, nineteen years after the original release.
The Dutch Ghost is offline                         Send a private message to The Dutch Ghost
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #92
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What the hell, why does this freeze so damn much? The game didn't freeze back when I played it on a dinosaur PC and it actually freaking lagged because our computer sucked so much, so why is it crashing now?

It's not exactly constant, but it's frequent enough to be annoying. I've lost tons of progress because of this several times while trying to start a game with this copy.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 24-03-2008, 07:08 PM   #93
Mike_B20

Why does my character fall and suffer damage when attempting to use a pickaxe/shovel/crowbar on some rocks/rubble in the cave?
Pretty darn silly.
And why does someone appear behind a pile of rubble in the cave but it is seemingly impossible to interact with them in any way?
Arrggh.
Very frustrating.
Mike_B20 is offline                         Send a private message to Mike_B20
Old 08-04-2008, 06:17 AM   #94
Mynash

Wow ... I remember playing this game way back when I was a kid !

I remember selling off all my guns and equipping my chars with knives instead .. (In my young mind, I thought knives did more damage than guns x_x) looking back at it now, I'm surprised I managed to finish the game using short-range weapons like that .. I even managed to kill everyone in the Citadel, although that took quite alot of luck and reloading the game when someone from my party was torn to shreds by a rocket launcher <.<;

Beautiful game, wonderful memories ... thank you Abandonia !!
Mynash is offline                         Send a private message to Mynash
Old 19-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #95
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

The New wasteland should be good, Brian Fargo, guy in charge of Fallout (and helped produce original Wasteland) made InXile studios, and bought the wasteland licnse from EA, I expect majic from mr Fargo

Also, jsut a tid bit, theres a guy in Wasteland named Faron Brygo, guess who he's based off of!

lol

Wish Bethesda, now that they own the Fallout license, would release Fallout 1 as freeware, i's 11 years old, thats what they did with Arena when they released Oblivion, as a promotional, so hopefully, the week before Fallout 3's released (october 7th) they'll release Fallout fo' free son

And wasteland supposibly isn't technically free (apparently) but I think when a games 20 years old, it kinda reaches that "free" point, dont cha think?

just downloaded tonight
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 19-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #96
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

InXile, the same people who made the hideous remake of A Bard's Tale, no thanks.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #97
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood-Pigggy View Post
InXile, the same people who made the hideous remake of A Bard's Tale, no thanks.
Woah woah woah! The new Bards Tale isnt hideous. I do know that its got nothing to do with Bards Tale, but If you forget that, its a nicely written hack n' slash.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 19-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #98
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Listen Chosen, the remake was crap. There is no way you can even mention that game to another Bard's Tale fan without him crying in misery.

I can't "forget" that it's supposed to be A Bard's Tale because that's the freaking title. They should have named it something else instead, like "Pythonesque RPG With Cleavage And Coin" because it wasn't even that fun to play.

Snowblind engine games bore me to hell.

My Site -
Old 19-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #99
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

hey hey hey!!

Brian Fargo is the director of InXile, and guess who he is

The Luminecent-figure-in-the-distance that brought us Fallout and Fallout 2, and also helped wasteland!

So I actually think he can actually make a good Wasteland 2
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 19-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #100
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I know who Brian Fargo is.
He may have "brought" us Fallout, but he didn't directly work on them, which doesn't make him a good game designer in my eyes.
There were also around three other designers on Wasteland. Honestly the guy gets too much credit and the people that did more work never get mentioned as much.

My Site -