Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #31
Lili Hardin

Heu, I'm not sure I understand all, but I dezipped the game (I think all files, including the subfolders, have been extracted when I've done it no?), and what do you mean by folders and files only read somehow?
Lili Hardin is offline                         Send a private message to Lili Hardin
Old 17-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #32
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If a file has Read Only attribute set, it cannot be written to.
That may cause problems with your game.

Right-click on the game directory, [PROPERTIES], and deselect Read Only. There will be something about "applying to all files and subdirectories", confirm that.
This will remove Read Only attribute from all files and subdirectories in the game directory.

See if that changes anything.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #33
Lili Hardin

Humf, I don't undertand... The game directory is on "read only", but when I try to deselect, and type "apply" and "confirm", it's on "read only" again... What's the prob...

EDIT: All my files are not on "read only", but the folder in which they are IS on"read only" mode... I don't understans a thing... Is there a way that I send my folder to someone who could check if it works for him?
Lili Hardin is offline                         Send a private message to Lili Hardin
Old 21-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #34
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Create a new folder, move all the files to it and delete the old one.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #35
Lili Hardin

It didn't change anything... :wallbash: I still can't make the "go" file work...
Anyway, all of the folders I have on my hard disk are on "read only", even other games I had from Abandonia and they work... Could somebody check if the game works for him/her and check with me if I have all the files etc?
Otherwise, I think I'll give up, that's the best solution...
Old 24-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #36
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

l
l
l+DAT [194 files in folder; 1,63MB total]
l+DEC [10 files in folder; 496kB total]
l+KMD [22 files in folder; 537kB total]
l+PIC [43 files in folder; 1,39MB total]
l+SND [32 files in folder; 150kB total]
l+SPR [23 files in folder; 916kB total]
l
l-FURY.EXE [566kB]
l-GO.BAT [144B]
l-INTRO.DAT [1,28MB]
l-INTRO.EXE [50,6kB]
l-LANG.DAT [26,7kB]
l-LANG.EXE [51,1kB]
l-LEA.ME [1,12kB]
l-LEGGI.MI [1,1kB]
l-LIESMICH [1,1kB]
l-LISEZ.MOI [1,1kB]
l-READ.ME [1,6kB]

all the files and folders are NOT read only. btw some games use their old files to write data and some not, so its not always same
Old 24-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #37
Lili Hardin

Ok, I understand I have not the same files... I have 0 PIC files, 0 SND, but I have some "sample" files (IFF), lots of LBM files and BIN image... I have the all the "read me" files; and my GO file is just 1Ko (I don't know the difference with Kb...). I tried to download the game again and again, but I always have the same files! Someone's got an idea?
Old 24-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #38
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

http://rapidshare.de/files/30565941/fury.exe.html
Old 24-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #39
Lili Hardin

THANKS THANKS THANKS! It works!
I just my files, and I didn't have the CDATA nor the SDATA... You should check if they are in the gme to download on the site...