Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Default BentleyVA and all his glorious contributions!

I procured a copy of No Greater Glory and proceeded to crack it. Is that something that can be uploaded or is that forbidden. The Oldwarez list here says the game itself is Abandonware, but I don't know about the crack itself.

Last edited by BentleyVA; 23-02-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added Sargon 4
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA
Old 19-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Some Games on Abandonia is also cracked so its not a problem.

edit:

Lulu Jane told me of your talk in Chatbox.

- SimCity

Which Versions is it? the Original DOS or Windows?

- Pool of Radiance

[APPROVED] you means the Original one not the Ruins of Myth Drannor?

- Curse of the Azure Bonds

[APPROVED]

-
Champions of Krynn

The Game is already
ON SITE, but i dont know if its cracked or not. The Cracks or the Cracked Game could be uploaded.

- Secret of the Silver Blades

[APPROVED]

-
Eye of the Beholder

As for that we are still checking if the Game are still sold or not.

Check here for Maps i made

Last edited by Paco; 19-02-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 19-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Simcity the DOS version. The OG. I also have the Terrain editor although I would have to separate them since I have them both in the same folder.
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA
Old 19-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

As for the original SSI Gold/Silver box games, I have them all and am slowly cracking them. I wouldn't touch Ruins of Myth Drannor with a 10-foot pole.

I also wonder, would it be possible to upload just the cracks for the games that are already here? I was reading some of the game threads last night and thought it was a pity that so many are enjoying these games, but running into the BS copy protection. No Greater Glory was unplayable without me cracking it.
Old 20-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Cracking really isn't necessary when you can get the copy protection documents.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 20-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #6
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
Cracking really isn't necessary when you can get the copy protection documents.
There are no manuals for No Greater Glory that I could find. Nor do I think there is going to be a scan for the red/black sheet for Simcity DOS. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, is there a single post or FAQ that lists everything that is needed for a submission. I made some screen caps for NGG but they came out in 640x200 res. though I swear I saw somewhere that they should be 320x200. I really want to contribute, but not sure exactly how.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyVA View Post
There are no manuals for No Greater Glory that I could find. Nor do I think there is going to be a scan for the red/black sheet for Simcity DOS. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, is there a single post or FAQ that lists everything that is needed for a submission. I made some screen caps for NGG but they came out in 640x200 res. though I swear I saw somewhere that they should be 320x200. I really want to contribute, but not sure exactly how.
Didn't mean to imply that cracking NGG was not warranted. I was referring to the other SSI games you were talking about. Hopefully this new thread category will solve some of the problems we have communicating what contributions can (or should) be made and how to go about it. As far as what is needed ... reviews are the thing in shortest supply. Games, screen shots, manual scans and box scans are all needed but it isn't an all or nothing proposition ... whatever you can provide. Be patient though, AB needs all the contributions it can get but sometimes it takes a long time to get your contributions on the site.

Have you been given FTP access?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor

Last edited by Geezer; 20-02-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 20-02-2009, 02:24 AM   #8
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
/snip

Have you been given FTP access?
No I haven't been given any access yet.
Old 20-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #9
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

I will be honest, cracking games gives me a warm and fuzzy. There is nothing like flinging my finger to twenty year old copy protections :thumbs:
Old 20-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #10
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyVA View Post
I will be honest, cracking games gives me a warm and fuzzy. There is nothing like flinging my finger to twenty year old copy protections :thumbs:
How good are you at cracking? We need someone to break the No Respect CD protection as well...

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN