Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-09-2004, 03:39 PM   #21
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Ah.... He can ONLY repair at home? I thought perhaps he could fix the many jammed weapons I get IN the field.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #22
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

nope, fixing weapons takes time.
get ja2 if you want to fix weapons in real-time (although it takes just as long in game time)
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 10-09-2004, 07:08 PM   #23
Red Diablo
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 10 2004, 03:39 PM
Ah.... He can ONLY repair at home? I thought perhaps he could fix the many jammed weapons I get IN the field.
Just a tip, try to fire the jammed weapons multiple times when you're not in an enemy sector. This will let you fire unlimited times without consuming any action points. If you try to shoot enough times the jamming will usually clear up.

Hope it helps! k:
Red Diablo is offline                         Send a private message to Red Diablo
Old 10-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #24
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

to unjam a jammed gun by firing a gun you have to have a high mechanical skill though otherwise you just mess up your gun
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 11-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #25
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Is there some secret way to buy / sell equipment, or can I only get stuff by finding it in boxes and on enemy bodies?
Old 12-09-2004, 12:11 PM   #26
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 11 2004, 05:12 PM
Is there some secret way to buy / sell equipment, or can I only get stuff by finding it in boxes and on enemy bodies?
There is no way to buy stuff, you can only get from bodys. But you can make your own specialized guns.

Example:
Pick a merc with a good mechanical skill. Take somekind of gun in your main hand. Take a metal pipe, and put it in the accesory box below the gun, and wolla, you have a specially designed gun.

You can make special armors and other equipment in the same way. You only have to use your imagination.
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 13-09-2004, 01:31 PM   #27
aaberg
Game Wizzard

I just made a custom made magnum. It is really powerfull, and has a really good range. It was made out of a magnum and a chunk of steal.

if anyone have some tips, on how to make some great weapons or armors, I would very much like to hear.
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 13-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #28
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by some site
MERGING ITEMS

For most successful results always use your Mechanic or your Explosives guy (depending on what the items are) to perform "merging" operations. Generally this means your Mechanic, but anything to do with explosives is best handled by your explosives expert.

To merge: put the item in right hand.Put item to merge in the "manipulation" slot just below the right hand.If merging is possible, you will get a message asking if you want to do this.If you have a top of the line Mech or Explosives guy the result will usually be successful.Other than top of the line types often have very poor results.

You can also use this "merging" to consolidate tool kits, med kits, lockpick kits, etc.If you are using a Vinny or Fidel or some other very highly rated expert, and the initial try doesn't work.Try again.It once took Vinny 3 tries to merge something for me.

It's best to do all your merging in the early morning "gear up" sessions.

Some items to merge are:

Chunks of Steel
* * I personally prefer to use my chunks of steel initially to merge with the first few .357 Magnum pistols I find, as this accomplishes two things -- it converts the ordinary .357 pistol to a "modified" .357 magnum that has a longer barrel, making it more like a rifle, and at this point in the game, there are no rifles that I personally have found, except for the 1st shotgun.The 2nd thing it accomplishes is that it makes your .357 able to accept a silencer which is vital in taking over sectors with factories in them without the enemy disabling the facility for several days which can cost you a lot of lost cash flow.Later on I use newly found chunks of steel to modify M-14 rifles.
Compound 17 (glue)
* * There are multiple uses for this item, as there are for the chunks of steel.I personally prefer to use the first of these to modify my "Spectra Shields."This then becomes a "Treated Spectra Shield" and this is the "piece de resistance" for bodily protection in the game.

Your Mechanic is the person for these jobs.

Some fun things for your Explosives expert to create are:

Molotov Cocktails
* * Merge Glass jar with tin of oil, then merge gasoline with the jar, then merge a cotton rag with the jar, and voila a molotov cocktail!Ready to throw! Other cute things for your explosives' people to make (though of dubious value in terms of cost) are the:
"Eagle" weapons
* * Combo of gas can, cloth rag, tin of oil, and the various grenades or "canister" weapons.Resulting in:

* * Eagle Fearball
* * * * use the grenade
* * Eagle Dog
* * * * use the mustard gas grenade
* * Eagle Screamer
* * * * use the tear gas canister
* * Eagle Silencer
* * * * use the stun grenade
* * Eagle Smokeball
* * * * use the smokeball
Old 17-09-2004, 03:03 PM   #29
marko_river(bobiskabrat)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 9 2004, 01:49 PM

Is there a way to skip forward in time? Sometimes my mercs may find themselves ankle-deep in dung. And I really don't want to have them in action any more, because my medic has only so much of his precious bandages.
There are couple hot keys that are not mentioned nowhere. For example, first letter of buttons on the top of the screen will open it immidiatlly. If I remmeber cocerctly "c" is for time compression, which means that time will pass very quickly unless you press letter c again or if enemy attacks. I don't know how could I play this great game without this compression.

Old 17-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #30
marko_river

You really need to take care of how you treat your team. Example: when you play for first time you only dream about Mike (who will become traitor in JA2 ) ) and so did I. When I finally discovered that he is willing to join me, I took him and later I fired ALL other in the team because of very simple thing, I could afford only Mike. So, after some fun, he resigned at the end of the day because I treat people like rugs. Anyway, dont fire several mercenaires at once. Some of them (like Gary) will tell you what others think. They don't go straight away (what I did was special because I fired 6 of them at same day), but their mood will go better or worse depending on your future behaving. Once you fire someone he will never come back. Also, you shouldn't leave dead ones to be a fishfood but pay transport of their bodies since it will affect not only members of the team, but the others too. Several mercenaries rejected me 'cause I didn't burry Lynx and Turtle. As far as I discovered this didn't affected best ones (you know, ones who are level 4,5 and 6).
It is good to take Ivan right away and Ice as soon as possible. At the end they will achive level 5 or maybe even 6. Ice's shooting may not seem high, but belive me, wait until action comes. Also that Lynx-eyed, he has marking of 99 and occasionally shoots like Elio, so Ice is definitly better choice. Spack is not very useful since his low level, Fox is not too much of a healer but runs like Carl Lewis (and is handsome )... Also if you want someone with level 5, give advantage to Kely although he is level 4 unlees you want good mech and a lockpick with shooting. That's where Magic pops in. Oh, yeah, Pops is unuseful, but you can take him just to try him out. He can barely move, but when fires from his shotgun, no tree is wide enough. During the day you can move your guards to new conquered sectors. Go to the map and use left and right mouse button.
When day begins, give medkit to doctor and set doctor, and offcourse set injured as pation. Give toolkit to mech and put in his pocket weapons and bombs to fix them or to repair them. Use camuflage kit on silhouette of the mercenarie and you'll see the result. During the battle you can heal shooted ones with first aid kits to stop bleeding. If he lost jus several points this is not necessary, or if the day is nearly over so he can survive at that place. If you dont have kits, he probably can follow you (unless he bleeds out) but he will be really unuseful in action.
What can I say, Ivan is my favourite (in JA2 you can take him and he will progress to the best ). Don't take many mercs at the begining, later you'll see that you need them. When you reach that sector that is close to where nuce fell, wander between black trees and you'll find shotgun. Also, when your employees ask you for something and you do that same day, you'll get a bonus. Micro-purifier is in the sector right to the starting one (that would be 59 I thnk). Also try rescuing the whole lake for water when thay ask you (it is a bit difficult) sector left from the lake is Brenda's lab. If you recue it when she asks, in 2 days you'll get 5000 . Her old diary is in her old lab somewhere in the middle of the island. And very important, when virus starts, you can find certain flowers in the sector upper sector, 6 or 7 i'm not sure. When natives start to complain about graveyard, the stone you need is located on the Santiago's island. It is secto 13 or 24 i think, you can reach it from the east side. I usually just send someone to swim and get it.
Well it is enough for now.
have fun