Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #701

Does anyone know where to download the alien map files? My game hangs when trying to get into the sleep chamber. boots me back to DOS (or DOSBox in this case).

Old 19-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #702
I had some problems with the keyboard so i couldn`t speak.

If i register a message will come the my Yahoo ID? Say.

I managed to start a new game and i caught that UFO type 3.

See you all. :brain: :brain:

Old 19-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #703
Guest_The Wolf_*
I`m back.

I couldn`t speak cause i had some problems with the keyboard.

Thank you The_Fifth_Horseman for your help. I restarted the game at medium difficulty and i finaly caught that UFO type 3. The more difficult it is the more fun you get. I`l try the superhuman after I complete the game at medium difficulty.

I will return often now. I will register but please tell me what are the benefints.

See you all.

Old 21-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #704
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I will register but please tell me what are the benefints. [/b]
First of all, you will be able to see (and post in) more parts of the forums than now.
Second, you'll be able to edit your own posts (which may be useful when you'd like to add another question before your old one was answered).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #705
Guest_The Wolf_*
That is cool.

But tell me the steps for registering (i know how but i want to make it good).

Do you remember when you told me to catch the UFO type 3? It worked and now I`m working on the anihilator. It is hard to get rid of that sleeping chamber. There are a lot of aliens there. What do you recomend? Please answer to this one.

I wanna get a personal shield and for that i must , in another way to catch an alien alive, no? And alien that has a personal shield I mean. Is it good to use a toxigun? It has low accuaracy.

Thank you for your help.

Old 21-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #706
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The Toxigun is the best weapon in the game. As soon as you have toxin B, it's easily the most effective weapon and it does go thru the ennemy shields. Plus, it's lightweight and take no space in your squaddies inventory. To counter the fact that I always end up out of ammo for those guns, I usually equip my squaddies with normal equipment and give every squaddie one Toxigun with one or two clips. When they are in groups, they can use the Alien weapons to bring the Aliens down easily enough and they get the Toxigun out in case of emergencies, when I want to capture shields or in dangerous short range combat.

If you don't, can't or don't want to use Toxiguns for a reason or another, you can always stun an Alien and steal the shield while he's sleeping (or end the missing while he's still knocked out). Stun Grenades is the best grenade in the game for that reason, I always keep using them until the very end of the game.
Old 22-03-2007, 06:40 AM   #707
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
But tell me the steps for registering (i know how but i want to make it good).[/b]
Just remember that you need to make sure that your e-mail address is entered correctly (you'll have to activate your account using a link sent to that adress). The rest is typical.

Quote:
There are a lot of aliens there. What do you recomend? Please answer to this one.[/b]
My favorite tactic: Incendiaries and explosives in ungodly amounts. LOL

Quote:
I wanna get a personal shield and for that i must , in another way to catch an alien alive, no? brain_help.gif And alien that has a personal shield I mean. Is it good to use a toxigun? It has low accuaracy[/b]
As EoF said, Stun Grenades are your friends.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #708
Guest_The Wolf_*
Let`s say that now there are 3 users online (on this postin site I mean). If the others 2 are reading the older posts and I write a new one they will know that I wrote or must I be lucky?

I wanna know this cause I am here and it says that there are 3 users and I write but the others wont respond.

I use devastator cannon and a toxigun with a few B clips now. Thank you for your help.

After i catch a few personal shields I`m gonna devastate those Aliens cause now i have that...........better version of retaliator, and I`m gonna go to destroy that sleeping chamber but i wanna know what is that X-COM armor that I`ve read about in older posts and how can i get it? Is it that red armor that you can fly with? I just don`t know what the X-COM armor is.

Please reply. Thank you.

Old 23-03-2007, 01:22 AM   #709

i cant get xcom to work on my windowsXP, i tried the how to site but i didnt get it or it didnt work, anyone have a solid way to do it with viable instructions?

Old 23-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #710
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
If the others 2 are reading the older posts and I write a new one they will know that I wrote or must I be lucky?[/b]
You must be lucky. If they don't reload the page, they won't notice your post.

Quote:
i wanna know what is that X-COM armor that I`ve read about in older posts and how can i get it? Is it that red armor that you can fly with?[/b]
1. Really tough and flexible armor. Sometimes referred to as Disruption Armor, IIRC.
2. http://www.gamespot.com/features/xcom/equiptment.html
3. Nope, that's Marsec armor. X-Com armor is blue.

-- Reed Richards