Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #121
danos

Hi all,

As I can see, there are a lot of experienced Reunion players here. My question is not directly related to the game itself. I past years, when I and my colleagues were crazy about playing Reunion, one of my friends said, that there was a version for Commodore computers (8 bit, not Amiga). I wonder if this is true or only a joke. Could you answer?
danos
Poland

Old 15-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #122
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I believe it's fake.

Amiga had Reunion, and that's the version I completed.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 16-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #123
danos

Hi Anubis,

Thank you for the answer. Before I searched Commodore sites for the information about Reunion, but found nothing. Yes, i guess it was a joke. It would be rather difficult to make such a game for 8bit machine - maybe a very limited version.

Best Regards

Danos

Old 18-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #124

[Can't get that game to start, by using that start.exe, the logo appears, i may choose new game and choosing hero too, but right after that first intro, game crashes...

Any ideas?]

Using Windows Xp... I had to manually set the EMS to auto (as it was not on initiallyon) and then the game ran... It doesn't work on my older puter (without DOSbox) cause it has no EMS capability...

Old 23-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #125
jalte s?rensen

the reason why so many have been in this forum is because the game is so different than any game seen before and since

i think k:

Old 23-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #126
jalte s?rensen

i uploaded the two pieces of music....... did any one like it???
jalte s?rensen is offline                         Send a private message to jalte s?rensen
Old 26-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #127
seonder
Lurker

hi all guys!
I would know how ican use mine station, i've researched yet...but dunno why to send on the other planets. pLs help^^

Tnx to all!
seonder is offline                         Send a private message to seonder
Old 28-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally posted by seonder@Feb 26 2006, 11:06 PM
hi all guys!
I would know how ican use mine station, i've researched yet...but dunno why to send on the other planets. pLs help^^

Tnx to all!
Hi,

try to load it to transfer ship (not as a cargo) on the group screen, where you can add ships to the fleet.

Danos

Old 01-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #129

I've played this game for a long time... And I think I discovered just about everything. From setting the Morgruls against the Kalls so they don't form an alliance. (picking up their distress signal, sending a ship with a tractor beam, and telling them the Kalls'll attack them, then letting them go.) Or how to split the league and get the aircraft. (Build an observatory on a planet on Antares, discover its going supernova, help the Erans, and use them on the Undorlings to get those on your side.)

But I never discovered one thing...

What is that bounty hunter for? My hunch has always been that you could somehow use him to capture that rogue Syonian controlling Earth without having to fight the Earthlings. But I never found a use for him. :/

Old 02-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #130
danos

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Mar 1 2006, 11:35 PM
But I never discovered one thing...

What is that bounty hunter for? My hunch has always been that you could somehow use him to capture that rogue Syonian controlling Earth without having to fight the Earthlings. But I never found a use for him. :/
I finished the game several times and also concerned about bounty hunter. Anyway there is another unknown in the game. This is "Treasonable", I never found what for is this. There are rumors that he is connected in a way with Earthlings, but I did not manage to use this. Maybe some of you did something with this.
BTW, Another question. There are some open source projects for old game reconstructions - UFO 2000, Transport Tycoon, LDoom, etc. Is there any project related to Reunion? Or this is so heavy copyrighted?