Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Abandoned Times
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #31
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 833
Default

If you want just an Abandonia user who would appreciate your work for FREE just send it to my mailbox. I will be sure to get it mass exposed!
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #32
Japo
Autonomous human
 
Japo's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ,
Posts: 4,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 View Post
Absolutely! Where shall I send the PDF?
Can you post it here? As an attachment to the forum, or if it's too big or you prefer, link from some 3rd party such as Dropbox?
__________________
Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #33
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd


 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Can you post it here? As an attachment to the forum, or if it's too big or you prefer, link from some 3rd party such as Dropbox?
I'll pop it in a Google Drive when I can, apologies to everyone for being so late with my replies, I am still working on the magazine, I just have lots of different projects going on right now, and I'm working loads as well But I'll fire that over for hopefully tomorrow, it's not all formatted but it's at least a geniune proof of concept, if nothing else <3
LianneJW1912 is offline                         Send a private message to LianneJW1912
Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 01:38 AM   #34
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 833
Default Thank you Lianne James Wyatt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 View Post
I'll pop it in a Google Drive when I can, apologies to everyone for being so late with my replies, I am still working on the magazine, I just have lots of different projects going on right now, and I'm working loads as well But I'll fire that over for hopefully tomorrow, it's not all formatted but it's at least a geniune proof of concept, if nothing else <3
I was wondering where you went to. You know working to take care of your place and pay the rent is more important than this. I am on sabbatical right now. Maybe until January 2018. So I don't think anymore programs are going to be produced on a volunteer basis. It is cold outside now even in Texas. Christmas is just around the corner. However a suggestion if you are too busy you could use what you have up to date. I know I always produce little stuffs and update refrequently so people have something to look at and not have to wait so long. I'm telling you that I thought the articles you wrote back in the first two or three pages are good. Don't be a perfectionist or else you drive yourself nuts. I know because I cracked being a perfectionist in the past. It is okay to say no especially if you feel like giving up. The important thing is you stay in the game and in business. You don't want to retire early and give up what you love doing because you push yourself too hard. Take a break when you need it is what my dad and mom always says.

In fact my sisters graduated from the University because they listened to my parents advice and guidance of following within guidelines of what is morally right. Both sisters got married in the church thanks to Jesus Christ! So please this is just friendly advice. If your job is at stake then don't take my advice if you think it's not going to work. My uncle has a job and he is a perfectionist. He takes pride in doing the job right and his boss always is proud of him!
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #35
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd


 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
I was wondering where you went to. You know working to take care of your place and pay the rent is more important than this. I am on sabbatical right now. Maybe until January 2018. So I don't think anymore programs are going to be produced on a volunteer basis. It is cold outside now even in Texas. Christmas is just around the corner. However a suggestion if you are too busy you could use what you have up to date. I know I always produce little stuffs and update refrequently so people have something to look at and not have to wait so long. I'm telling you that I thought the articles you wrote back in the first two or three pages are good. Don't be a perfectionist or else you drive yourself nuts. I know because I cracked being a perfectionist in the past. It is okay to say no especially if you feel like giving up. The important thing is you stay in the game and in business. You don't want to retire early and give up what you love doing because you push yourself too hard. Take a break when you need it is what my dad and mom always says.

In fact my sisters graduated from the University because they listened to my parents advice and guidance of following within guidelines of what is morally right. Both sisters got married in the church thanks to Jesus Christ! So please this is just friendly advice. If your job is at stake then don't take my advice if you think it's not going to work. My uncle has a job and he is a perfectionist. He takes pride in doing the job right and his boss always is proud of him!
Ummmmm, okkk...
LianneJW1912 is offline                         Send a private message to LianneJW1912
Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #36
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd


 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Default

Well regardless, this should do for a proof of concept, it's most of what I have for now, plus a little bit more https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...VVzT1FUanB5Y1E
LianneJW1912 is offline                         Send a private message to LianneJW1912
Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #37
Mystvan
Abandonia Homie
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 566
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 View Post
Well regardless, this should do for a proof of concept, it's most of what I have for now, plus a little bit more https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...VVzT1FUanB5Y1E
Greetings, (E / Li)Lianne Jane Watson. Do you happen to be not younger sister of Mary Jane Watson? Give the best regards to Peter Parker ...

I did not read everything but I found it very interesting ... I just hope you have not met John Jonah Jameson aka JJJ...

By the way, it would be interesting if you did a survey on which game articles readers would be most interested in.
__________________
My New Signature

Last edited by Mystvan; 29-10-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #38
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd


 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Greetings, (E / Li)Lianne Jane Watson. Do you happen to be not younger sister of Mary Jane Watson? Give the best regards to Peter Parker...

I did not read everything but I found it very interesting ... I just hope you have not met John Jonah Jameson aka JJJ...

By the way, it would be interesting if you did a survey on which game articles readers would be most interested in.
I will be setting up a forum thread in due course, provided this all goes ahead of course, for various questions ahead of time for Issue 5
LianneJW1912 is offline                         Send a private message to LianneJW1912
Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #39
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Smiling Spectre's Avatar



 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cherkessk, Russian Federation
Posts: 1,535
Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default

Hey, LianneJW1912, I checked your magazine. Great work! But it has several factual errors...

- Dune is not WRPG, in any aspect. It have adventuring part, quite standard for anyone familiar with Legend games, and strategy/tactics part for troop management, so it can be viewed as Adventure/Strategy... but no RPG aspect at all.

- Roadwar 2000 was made in 1986, right, but ported by Westwood in 1987. (Also, my bad English prevent me from understanding part about it would be several years before a game was made and released by Westwood. What is this passage mean? That Roadwar is earlier than Dune 2? That Westwood could made this game by itself? Sorry, maybe personal issue.

- Mars Saga is really from Commodore. But all sources I found tells that Apple and DOS ports was the same time, in 1989. Not "Commodore and Apple, then DOS". Also note that both Apple and DOS versions named "Mines of Titan" and redone original game the same way.

- Battle Tech - minor style error: "whilst the game retained most of features...although the game put a large emphasis". Some of this two words is obsolete there, no?

- Circuit's Strike actually is Circuit's Edge (and it correctly named in cut-in at right).

- Dune II really was ported to Amiga in 1993. But only in 1994 for Mega Drive.

- Rome: Total War is far from first in TW series. Shogun: Total War precedes it for 4 years, and Medieval: Total War for two. Rome was third.

- Homeworld. I disagree with description. Having 3D is really what make it aside of other RTSes, but otherwise game is quite typical "harvest and kill". You talk about "Campaign objectives"? Then check objectives of every mission. Kill, harvest, defend, eradicate, repeat.

- Space Hulk. PC-98 version is from 1995.

That's all, I think. Sorry if it was inappropriate.
__________________
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #40
Japo
Autonomous human
 
Japo's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ,
Posts: 4,455
Default

Looks like we have good teamwork already :-)

It's starting to look great already, the work is very much appreciated!

Some comments off the bat... The regular font and others look a bit too regular; we could use the same as in previous issues, keeping a uniform style throughout. The front page could also have more graphics and stuff, but it makes sense to wait to design it last.

Have you used the source documents from previous issues for images, fonts etc. or the PDF? I wonder if we have the sources around this forum...

We have a whole forum board, so don't hesitate to create as many threads as you need to poll for ideas and review articles.
__________________
Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abandonia's current status and future: Questions and Answers Mighty Midget Old Suggestions 56 16-01-2009 11:59 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 01:10 AM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.