Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #291
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Discworld 2

What makes this game rot, is the obvious factor of unfinished tasks.
Like:
- you get obvious hints you need to iron the ghost
- obviously established you need to make the boots more attractive for The Stench, that's why you get the dumphill, the River Ankh, a pile of corpses and such in the game. But they later decided against D1-lookalike quest.
- to get the honey you were supposed to get more protection, not get rid of the beekeeper
- not to mention the whole 1stAct was supposed to be choosing the difficulty-setting depending on what you do or do not collect (only sticks and mouse-blood, or glitter+stench too)
- in Act 2 certain puzzles lack indication, like getting the imp, or getting the seurajester (at least she's an original idea for the game)
- also I couldn't find certain entire areas, 'cause crappy game design

And why was I carrying around an undead mouse?

Last edited by twillight; 10-07-2018 at 06:44 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 12-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #292
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Alone in the dark 1, puzzle walkthrough

attic:
- push wardrobe before window: told in background story (Emily)
Btw, according to Edward's backstory he was supposed to start with a .38 revolver.
- you'll hear thumping, but the background music ruins this clue. Fortunately you have time when the trapdoor opens to push on it the chest, even when it is "open".
- Emily's backstory tells you about a secret drawer in the piano. This document is quit useless, only creates atmosphere
- there's another book with the story of Medusa, an indian cover, a rifle with 4 ammo, and an empty oil lamp here.

down the stars:
- there's an oil container (to fill the lamp), and a bow here

first room to the left:
- avoid the carpet as it summons a zombie. There's no indicator on this by the way.
- the local key opens a chest which has the old cutsword (don't use this as weapon)

rooms on the right:
- when enter ASAP close the door. This part is ruined by the stupid camera angles and clumsy controls. (face the door's surface to close it)

- when you pick up the vase containing a key you get attacked by a werewolf. 2 shots from the shotgun shuld do it, though the angle makes it a fuss. The key lets you pick up 2 mirrors (where's the medusa now?).
Oh, and there's no indication you have to smash the vase open.

second room on left:
- firstaid kit (+10 health)
- also a clue: there's no water here (obviously you'll need to find it later, because videogame logic)

top of stairs:
- someone confused succubis with medusas. At least it is obvious this is some kinda puzzle,as those things block your way. Unfortunately to the developers this is not some point-and-click adventure game.

next level: go down and get back to avoid the menacing armor while getting the other side. Enter the room:
- avoid the ghost (obviously), get shotgun shells, matchbook, poker (first constant melee weapon). And look, a picture of Uncle Jeremy (who cares)!

go left (avoid the armor like you did with the ghost - realy missed opportunity from the programers to transport via the stairs back&forth), enter 1st door:
- this room only has a book, so skippable in re-plays. But I aim to know all the clues. When you pick it up you get attacked by a werewolf, and man, this fight is frustrating. Not just for the angle, but also for the monster being able to jump through the bed (while I suspect your bullets are blocked by it). This text says there's a pentagram in the library,and a sacrificial dagger. Something with a fireplace? Is this a clue about avoiding the ghost in the previous room? Too bad you want the ammo from there to make the fight here.

2nd door:

- that thingamajig is invincible (nothing tells you by the way), so step in and search the wardrobe (+20 HP). Get out, wait until things settle, then run in for the jug, then run out. you'll probably be bitten once though (-5 HP)

3rd door:
- to be able to do things here you need a lit lamp (dn't forget to switch action to blow it out when you're done)
- there's a heavy statue and a book. This is the first time you face inventory-problem,so before going in put down stuff if you didn't already (empty containers mostly) to be able to pick up the statue.
The statue by the way destroys the armor. Because Videogame Logic.

one stairs down, door on the right:
- another matchbook, a pot of stew, 2 knives

sideroom 1: a key and a box of biscuits (+5 HP)
sideroom 2: when you enter a zombie spawns. This is ruined by too little distance, and sluggish movement (with good programing you could run tosafe distance and shoot from there). Otherwise you find water (finaly), and lamp oil (another 50 dose)

exit on the other side and enter (dining)room:
- run and put pot of stew on table (Videogame Logic)
next room:
- run in and take lighter, then back out
- run in and aim the other door

at the left side of the stairs by the newestkey youcanget to the cellar:
- there's some revolver ammo visible
- if you run to the other side you can free some barrels (do NOT go in, but this explains how youcanget out later), and a book on the shelves next to them (at the wall). You'll be bitten a bit by the (invincible) rats, but that's life.

Left from the front door (if you try to open it is instant death) is another door:
- kill the pirate with sword (no indication that anything else is ineffective. Unless he is told in one book, which talksa badass pirate,and swords are more badass than guns I assume). This is a VERY clunky fight.
- the pirate leaves a key, and there's another book. The key can be used right here, and provides alternate route to the ballroom.

With another way in (and another locked doors still) go to the sideroom with plants:
- search the statue for 3 arrows, then back away from the room.

Get back to the ashtray-room (which had the lighter), and pour water on the ashtray, because Videogame Logic.

Lacking any other option go up one stairs, go left,and open the remaining dor at the end of the corridor.
- cover the painting with the carpet (there is a semi-hint for this in the books telling the owner painted crazy pictures none wanned to see)
- use the bow to destroy the painting shoting arrows at you from the other end of the corridor. This is based on Videogame Logic.

- pick up the record (and a book, which definitely only exists to makea bridge between this game, and Shadow of the Comet)

There IS a door at the end of the corridor, so keep going. This part is realy shitty design.
- there's the False Book, which I don't get. Why does it matter which book you use? How do you know ADDING a book triggers the mechanism in the library? Aside Videogame Logic I mean.
- either way we found the ancient clock. As you can't search it, push it and grab the l00t. The text here gives you warning of Deep Ones,and a vague clue todefeat the library-monster.

library:
- run to find the secret door, open it with the False Book. Grab the l00t.
One book simply says youshould grab the talisman which you of course did, another whatdagger to use to get out.
- to read the Vermiis Mysteriis stand on the insignia, otherwise you die. The text is latin though, so when the game came out you had fatchance getting any use of it: "In the name of invocatoris, thou hast been sanctified if he does not, be careful. The vermis mysteriis is read and release the ball to the line, you have a great black stars Innominandum standards and ...", aka this is pretty useless anyway. Funy thing is, we find some "clue" (if you can call that) about the Heavy Statue, lol. Actualy, ok, it IS a clue,as conquistadors worn plate armor...
By the way you can find a series of books inside the library, but either do it on the sygil, or don't read the Necronomicon Extract, else you get a hugh damage (10 HP I think).

With the new unused key go to the ashtray-roomand open the door:
- l00t (includes record)

- put old sword up to trigger mechanism

Almost forgot the revolver. Pixelhunting is to get it. It mainadvantage is it has no recoil (handy at the first "bat").

I wonder if you can open the main door of the dance room and I just missed it.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #293
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Alone in the dark 2

Didn't play it, just watched a let's play of it.
Strangely this is more appealing than Syberia, which is likea zounds better graphic and I guess similar style, but somehow, even though I have it, I just realy don't feel to instal and play.

Not that after watching this I'd wanna actualy play AitD2, because it is nonsensicaly stupid at its puzzles, action heavy, and around halfway switches to a 4 years old to murder people. What's this, Hunger Games?
Actualy, the main reason this doesn't appeal to me to play is, it is very-very close to Resident Evil 2, only that had pretty ok controls, a crapton of game modes, and in genera lwas a more decent game.
Darn, I could bring insane short playthroughs with Leon A (only using the handgun, no upgrade, special outfit, infinite ammo implied, only herbs, maximum 3 saves).
I once even did Tofu, but that's way more hardcore than I wanna, so my fav mode was Hunk (same as Tofu, only with guns).
Old 14-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #294
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There just might be a pal who can borrow me Pillars of Eternity.

I'm very filled on the to-do list, but if someone gives me some clues what character to start if playing solo, I might re-evaluate my life.
Old 14-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #295
Capo
Unconventional member

Playing solo at the first run is worst possible idea, anyway i finished it solo with a barbarian, also paladin or wizard are good options

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 15-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #296
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, the game does start, so that's news. The Main Menu looks pretty underwhelming though.

Meh, can't play it. Stupid lazy programmers made the thing consume as muchmemory, onlyy GoogleHQ canplay it 'cause they have their own powerplant.

What I can tell though is, it realy is cheap crap.
First, the character creation:
- half the crap is nonsense, and I see no difference between Aristocrat and Mystic to start with. They both get 2 lore, so what's the deal?
- you must roll through NINETY bloody pictures to choose from. No fast, manual chosing, just plain old "lay on the button" crap. Sry, I ment you can't evn do THAT,you have to click all the thousand times each. Why not gimme a selection screen like Mortal Kombat with this many?
Second the Tutorial Mission:
- your caravan gets downed one day from retirement oir what, and you getsome basic info on some soul-sucking stalactites, and some mushroom to make tea from (this basicaly suggest you're an addict), the next thing is you stuck with some annoying chick because you WANT, according to the cravan master some Magic Mushroom, which you actualy DON'T, you'd totaly be wanning go into town, thank you, you even get that in mission briefing.

Then you get control of what looks like a bad Diablo 2 ripoff which even feeds on RAM, then I found 2 bodies, one I could examine, the other I could loot. Which is nonsense.

Otherwise people on the net say play paladin, and have max Perception because otherwise you won't hit nuttin', intelligence is for pussies just like dexterity, and constitution is the dumpstat (basicaly max might and the bottom stat after perception, dump the remaining point into constitution - I got like average DEX too as that gives attack speed).
The obvious cult of paladins is the goody-good-shoes, we all know letting you get abused by NPCs equals more exp and better rewards and more quests. But the easiest way might be the Bleak Cabal which is basicaly "dead people don't cause trouble, hulk smash", so easy to max on devotion.

Btw, I'm totaly fed up with these games always forcing you into some sect or cult to sacrifice babies, or puppies, or baby puppies for one gawd or another. Gimme advantage for being an atheist already! And make clerics a rogue class, not healers.

PS: oh, and the game's basic difficulty is"Easy", not "Normal". That's ALWAYS a bad sign.

Last edited by twillight; 15-07-2018 at 10:51 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-07-2018, 05:38 PM   #297
Capo
Unconventional member

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 20-07-2018, 12:23 AM   #298
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Hey, short walkthru of Binding of Issaac: Afterbirth here. New profile. Second attempt. (First was _extremely_ unsuccessful, I dead in the second room.

1. Room one. Start, three exits.
2. Room 2. Lost one heart, got back half-heart as prize.
3. Blasted my only bomb. Got locked chest and slot machine. No keys. :|
4. Got another half-heart.
5. Got nothing. Meh. But there is the chest in the room, only behind stones.
6. Got a key. There is blastable stone here, but no bombs.
7. Treasure room. 5 coins and card generator. (Used it, got 2 of hearts).
3-2. Unlocked the chest. Got a key back and another 2 coins. Used coin on slot machine, got 2 bombs.
6-2. Blasted a rock (accidentally spent both bombs), got another locked chest. Unlocked it, got a key, 3 coins, smiling detonated bomb and 1.5 hearts (not used).
3-3. Used slot machine again (0, 0, half-heart, coin, full heart, 0, coin, bomb).
5-2. Blasted stones for chest. Got bomb, 2 coins and key.
8. Used key for unlocking trader. Map (7 coins) and key (5). Meh. Wasted key.
3-4. Used all 5 coins for slot machine (heart, 0, half-heart, fly, 0). Blown slot machine with last bomb.Got bomb and three coins.
8. Boss. Used 2 of hearts - no effect (I suspect, it adds 2 hearts, but I had full life). Killed him, got another 2 hearts (so about a ten of wasted hearts remained on level. *sigh*). Got "Mom's coin purse" - stupid item that generated about five pills that I am afraid to use. Maybe it does anything else, as it not going away. But I am going to second level.

Level 2. I don't want to describe all level. I got Unicorn Stump instead Deck (stupid thing, gives invincibility and +28% speed for about ten seconds. Changed it back to Deck). There are three "trading" rooms here, one trades hearts for money (meh), two are locked. There is also sacrifice room, but I haven't extra hearts yet.

Killed the boss, got "Snack" (+1 max hearts) and 2 half-hearts. Got also Devil, and sacrificed this max heart for something... Ah, it was "Multidimensional baby" - minion that follows every my movement with delay. Useless, as most Devil's deals (but I didn't knew that at the moment of exchange) It doubles my shots, but only if catched with me. Not very useful.

Sacrificed 2 life, got one coin. Meh. But, well, I would lose all this hearts anyway.

On the third level I met mini-boss, killed him and got +2 max hearts. Unfortunately, selected wrong way after that ("spiky" door) that hadn't anything useful, but many monsters, and lost almost all life. And next room, with ton of bats, killed me - half-heart is too low for ten bats.

Am I need to continue? Game is quite easly on player who don't want to risk (I would be happy and alive if not gambling with devil and spikes). Yes, I didn't get extra weapons, but it was mere 3 levels. Nothing like horrors you described above.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 20-07-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 20-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #299
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Your point is, Spectre?

Either you implicate I'm lying - which I assure you I don't -, or
you got a different experience due to random. In which case your post is irrelevant.

So? I'm lying, or you're useless?
---------------

I reinstalled this piece of garbage, just for you!

1st run: Haunt boss killed me. Otherwise pretty easy. Found some mushroom, saw no effect from it. Also got a tarot-card which spawned a slot-mashine, which did nothing.

2nd run: 1st room had portal in inaccessible area (1 hex free space before thatpile of shit which every second spawns other pile of craps. Obviously, I ended up dead.

3rd run: 1stroom gives double portal, so I loose 1.5 hearts. Gives a pill, which we all know worth squat (seems blue ones refill health). Cast joker during bossfight, end up in what I assume dealing with the devil, dunno what I'm doing, end up with 1 less maximum health,and leaving bloodtrail (estatic otherwise does nothing). Lvll2's item-roomdemands a key, but saw no key in this run yet at all. Get another chance todealwith the devil, so I die because I do. Because this thing appears atrandom, and there's a character to unlock.

Speaking about characters:
- Isaac (basic char) has: 3/2/2
- Eve has 2/2/1. Friggin letdown. No idea what the special abilities would do. And she seems to be some kind of shapeshifter when loosing a heart or something. No idea,the game gives no explanation, clues, or tells anything ingame-terms.
- Apollyon: 2/1/1, aka. evenworse than Eve. Its speci alability is to show up a sign with the picture of a spawning-portalfor 0.1 second. Big fatno help.
- Azazel: -1/2/3. This sounds awesome: you need tocollect 2 hearts before the game starts, because youare already dead,so start is game over? By the looks of it, that's whatthe game tells! Well, the character is a piece of garbage, that's for sure. No attack skill, no life, only those grey hearts which can not be refilled. Wasn't worth unlocking this one eihter.

run 4: 2 entire level w/o any healing. Genious. The 3rd level has 50 locks, but still no key. 3 lvl and 0 keys found. There's alsothis room, which has 2 spawn-portals and some other monsters which shoot at me. And the portals spawn an infinite number of stuff which shoot at me. The only thing not shooting me is some giant thing which block the way,and is immortal. Of course the room gives no healing. And now one of my health is white. Dunno whatthatmeans, but probably no good. I betmy max HPjust got lowered by it, and won't get it back. Ah, so the blue pills NOT give max HP, but are random effect. No idea whatthe white heart did, nothing useful. Some creepo boss shots THREE lasers at me, and my weapon did not get improved since the beginning (aka. not at all).

run 5: lvl 1 boss is not in the boss-room, but onatiny corridor. Of course I die.

run 6: I have a straw, which does nothing. Boss is not even funny anymore. Neither this kind of room: (has 4 spiders + 2 mushrooms shooting at you)

The boss' room:

Of course no healing, neither key, and the level's item is behind locked door.

ruin 7: 1stroom headspawns a circle of flies. Thank you game!
Here is btw the room the bosses supposed to be in:

And how canI loose with thatmany HP? Easy, because I got some crippling downgrade which tookaway my shotting skill!

ruin 8: activated some tarot,whichfilled the room with bombs,which resulkted in instant death.

ruin 9: ate some pills, the minimapgot cleared. Thx game, that was useful...

ruin 10: now I shoot sperm. Ok...
The next item makes me larger - that's a disadvantage if you don't get it. It makes you able to smash obstacles - but still a disadvantage, 'cause attimes it makes things headspawn on you from under skulls, rocks etc.
Cause of death: as usualgained no healing at all, and with 0.5 heart spawned in a room with a very thin passage, but hex takenby a speeder-maggot, charging me. By the way it is "fun" to note your shots don't cover an entire hex, but maybe 1/2-1/3 of it, somonsters easily pass your shots. Ah, wasn't any passive, active, or tarot/pill items either in this run. At all. You know: who needs upgrades?

Last edited by twillight; 20-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 22-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #300
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Diablo 2

Lacking the option of PoE, I digged up this. Not that I'm so excited about it, but whatever, it tends to crawl back.
Funny, but true: still the game with the longest buglist I've ever seen. And despite "patch releases" they don't fix ANY from the list, only do crap like "german language version's grammar improved" or shit.

Either way, this'll be a baba with berserk. Well, in time, as I'll use the respec option, and until that comes around, Bash will be the prime attack skill. WhenI have the mana. Which I usualy lack. Imagine.
I'm in Act 2, going in the snake temple. The merc did not die yet (A1 fire, it was free, so what). It has a bow with cold + poison dmg gems. Didn't find any quality bow, and won't use "extended stash".

For storing some items on the ground I lost a couple of goodies Had a good rare baba helmet for warcrying, and a helm for switching the merc to A2. Whatever.
Also, seems I wasted 3 PSkulls in my +2 BO helmet. They don't realy give the expected mana. Should have used Ith rune(s). Oh well, worst case scenario I'll run for a Hel rune or sg.

The merc first died in A3, and because of Cow Level had to buy tp-scrolls the first time.

On weapons:
- started with club
- switched to scepter (it's fast, and deals best early damage, every character ends up with 'em for melee)
- for a short time used a short sword
- switched to bardiche (was slow, but basicaly doubled my damage)
- then came an twohanded axe
- now using a war specter, along Stormshield. Found in Act2 too, first unique. Aside that found Cleglaw's shield 3 times as set, nothing else.
- back to polearms: found a volgue with manaleach. While its speed is less, the dmg is around the same, and allows to use Bash continuously. Its range also helps a bit.
- brandistock: strange name, and in spear category. It has manasteal, and ca. the same dmg as the volgue had, but a category faster. Too bad there are no ias runes. And that gem-shrines can't improve runes, at least in single player. Would switch to hammers.
- that holy fire pala sword
- steeldriver (yeah(

the stupidity of barbarian synergies

Barb is mostly uneffected by this crippling feature, but where it has it, it sucks as usual.
First: the entire Combat Mastery tab has no synergies at all.
Second: from War Cries only the middle tree has synergies. Shout-Battle Orders-Battle Command are a closed circle for some reason, but at least they are all useful (if no other factor is considered). Actualy, Battle Command does so little in itself usualy don't get any hard point in itself, so this actualy is a bad thing.
The main problem on this tree is War Cry. I understand by sinergy you make this a prime attack spell by concept. Whatever. But then, why synergie an AI-disabling ability with AI-modifying abilities? And as it is an AoE-spell, why combine it with a single-target spell? And if WC will be your prime damage spell, why bother with stat-lowering spell? If it'd get extended duration by it, I'd get it, but this why?

The most messed up of course is the Combat Skills tree. Well, the left side don't use the synergie-system either...

Bash gets bonuses from Stun and Concentrate, but both of those skills outshine Bash by several milestones, so why would you use Bash any time after you getaccess to those? Sure, it has more dmg than Stun, but while Stun disables the target, Bash simply has this annoying knockback effect. Concentrate simply puts Bash to shame in any department (AR, dmg, lack of knockback). And for the cost of the same 2 mana. They case is even worse, because this proves you won't use Bash either way if you have Concentration, and if you have, you won't put points into Bash, because how the synergie-system works!
Stun gets bnuses from Bash, Concentrate, and War Cry. The problem is obvious: why War Cry? Why the need of another stun-ability to your already existing stun-ability?
When it cmes to Concentrate, you'll have to realise you'll use either, not both. So, as you must choose,which is the superior skill in the synergie-system, which should make all/prior skill more available, aka. equal to later skills? Well, Stun though disables it target, it lacks the AR to land a hit, compared to Concentrate, which gives youdefense to keep you safe, and that works against all enemy around you, not just the one you hit. So this means you WON'T use Stun, which on top costs a lot more to use than Concentrate.
Concentrate though a nice ability, has its fair share of problems considering synergies, like:
why bother putting point in Bash, when thatonly gives half the bonuses as Battle Orders, which the same time gives me insane advantages by itself (not being anattack spell, and being the strongest melee/party skill in the game). Beserk works thugh, but serves only to slightly lessen the exclusivity of Berserk. Actualy the point it'd count (physical immun monsters) the 1% bonus is so weak, like it wouldn't even exist as magical dmg, could all go into physical, thus the traditional barserk-concentrate pointsink won't change.
talking about pointsink: the amount of skillpoint being limited as such, you won't have point to sink into the Bash-syn anyway, so there that goes.
Lastly, Berserk-syns suck too. You get bonuses from Howl, which is a viable concept I give you that, but why Shout? Berserk disables the defense stat, so why'd you want to sink points into anability which buffs defense which you won't have? At the very least they should have chosen Battle Command (wishing for Battle Orders would be obvious powergaming).

If you are interrested in the bugs-list, here is a good list. On the other hand if you check the patch-notes, you'll see they don't actualy patch ANY of them since 1.13... maybe d.

The list is actualy not complete, missingeg. the asheara-bug, who is an NPC in Act 3, missnamed in the files, so every item it sells is an ilvl 1 item, which can be a problem if you plan on shopping -> crafting form there.

Last edited by twillight; 05-08-2018 at 10:45 PM.