Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #101
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

One question:What I need to research to have better aircrafts?I am in month 5, have four bases everything researched what I can but I still have just baracuda and triton...(althought with sonic technology)Did I missed something? :blink:
Or it is research bug?
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 25-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #102
alphafoxtrot

hi,

I use to play this game on windows 95 when i was a kid, and I felt like playing this
after sometime, but i encountered some problems. I downloaded this game from this site, unziped the file and tried installing, but it doesnt work. I have a winxp, someone plz help me!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #103
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Quote:
One question:What I need to research to have better aircrafts?I am in month 5, have four bases everything researched what I can but I still have just baracuda and triton...(althought with sonic technology)Did I missed something?*
Or it is research bug?
To research the new crafts, you generally need to research aqua plastics, Zyrrbite and things, but also usually need some kind of live alien.

But not a Tasloth Commander!

I think that there is a link to a place with the research fix, but there is also a X-Com 2 researches list (very, very handy!) in a .pdf format.

You can get your info there. Also Lizard, congrats on the 100th post! (I was considering a quadruple post to get to 100 but that wud get me kicked out!)

Although I got the 500th UFO post :bleh:

Quote:
I use to play this game on windows 95 when i was a kid, and I felt like playing this
after sometime, but i encountered some problems. I downloaded this game from this site, unziped the file and tried installing, but it doesnt work. I have a winxp, someone plz help me
There is no need to install anything, there is an X-Com Terror from (or of, can't remember) the Deep icon (it's an .exe file) which you can run it through. There are two, one of them runs in XP.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #104
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Feb 25 2005, 02:10 PM
Quote:
One question:What I need to research to have better aircrafts?I am in month 5, have four bases everything researched what I can but I still have just baracuda and triton...(althought with sonic technology)Did I missed something?*
Or it is research bug?
To research the new crafts, you generally need to research aqua plastics, Zyrrbite and things, but also usually need some kind of live alien.

But not a Tasloth Commander!

I think that there is a link to a place with the research fix, but there is also a X-Com 2 researches list (very, very handy!) in a .pdf format.

You can get your info there. Also Lizard, congrats on the 100th post! (I was considering a quadruple post to get to 100 but that wud get me kicked out!)

Although I got the 500th UFO post :bleh:

Quote:
after sometime, but i encountered some problems. I downloaded this game from this site, unziped the file and tried installing, but it doesnt work. I have a winxp, someone plz help me
There is no need to install anything, there is an X-Com Terror from (or of, can't remember) the Deep icon (it's an .exe file) which you can run it through. There are two, one of them runs in XP.
Thanks...
Yup,I researched anything,all ufo components,all weapons,all aliens,all CAPTURED TASLOTHS :ranting: :Titan: .
Hmmph-Going to start new game-
Old 25-02-2005, 12:18 PM   #105
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Only the tasloth commander breaks the game, you can research all of the rest of them!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #106
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

:blink:
Dont know.Maybe I just miss some Ufo components? :blink:
However it is much harder when you must shot down Very large ufos just with baracudas but it is playable.But I guess to win the game you will need some Super-Dooper uber aircraft (like Avenger in Ufo) which can reach the final mission
Old 25-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #107
alphafoxtrot

Hi, sorry for being such a newb, but can some help me?

I read the old posts in this forum, and thought that dosbox will be a good choice
to try. I kinda struggled with the commands but managed to install and start TFTD,
but my sounds is extremely slow. The game itself runs fine with the use of ctrl+F12, and the only problem is my sound. I think that it might have to do with the sound configuration when installing but I dunno.

Some one plz help!

Old 25-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #108
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Lizard, the craft you speak of is called the Leviathon!

To get it you need to get a live Lobsterman Commander, I think, although if you research a Tasloth commander the research bug makes it impossible to get the research for the Leviathon, and hence the game is unwinnable.

Really, really annoying if you only keep 1 campaign (geoscape) save.
Old 25-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #109
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Feb 25 2005, 04:43 PM
Lizard, the craft you speak of is called the Leviathon!

To get it you need to get a live Lobsterman Commander, I think, although if you research a Tasloth commander the research bug makes it impossible to get the research for the Leviathon, and hence the game is unwinnable.

Really, really annoying if you only keep 1 campaign (geoscape) save.
Lobster mans?But they are Evil!!!
I hate them.I hate all aliens that survive two headshots with sonic rifle GRRR...
Btw I must start a new game I guess becouse I HAVE just one geospace save...
Im beginning to doubt if is X-Com Terror from the depth worth it :angry:
Old 25-02-2005, 04:56 PM   #110
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I posted a fix for that a week ago. Just go back a page or two and you'll find it.