Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #71
Larnackel

I've started to play the version of the game, that I got from your site, but now I did get my fingers on the talkie version.
The problem now is, that I'm already in the fourth or fifth mission and it seems, that I can't use my savegames from the normal version, because the game then crashes. But I would really like to use my savegames.

[Picard]Suggestions?[/Picard]

Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #72
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I doubt you will be able to use them. Talkie and non talkie version aren't normally compatible like that at all. But I can't say that it 100% true though...but from experience you are going to need to play the talkie version from the start or just finish the non talkie one. Sorry.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #73
Larnackel

That's a pitty, but I expected something like this. Well, maybe I will go to play it all over again - the voices make it desirable.

Anyway I'm still annoyed about the fourth mission "Light And Darkness", where I can't reach the 100 % at the mission rating. The last time I even followed a guide, which told me how to choose the right answers, but it didn't help.

[Picard]Suggestions?[/Picard]

Old 19-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #74
MikeyJones

Light and Darkness isn't too bad; just remember to fix the radar dishes (and scan them and their consoles) prior to entering the complex and also scan the outside of the complex with both tricorders. Also, clean the equipment before making the sample, and don't insult or intimidate anyone in the dialogues. This one I found was pretty flexible as long as you did the actions properly and in the right order.

Voids was far more of a challenge for me to get 100% on. I was unable to find 100% guides for "Voids", "Espoir Station", and "Light and Darkness", but "Voids" was definitely the most challenging for me. Also, I play the version that gives you only commendation points at the end of each mission, but from what I've seen, it looks like 100% = 4 commendation points, so my information is for getting 4 commendation points.

Also, in my opinion the voices definitely make it worth it to play through the whole thing again, even multiple times. They definitely add A LOT to the experience, and the many different paths you can take on each mission just make it even more amazing.

Old 27-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #75
The Dutch Ghost

Reviving a very old topic.
I am currently running the game but I have not noticed any differences between this version and the talkie version from GOG which I also have.
Is the Movie and Sound Pack standard installed when I run this game through DosBox?
The Dutch Ghost is offline                         Send a private message to The Dutch Ghost
Old 05-07-2021, 07:41 AM   #76
catchaserguns
Games Master

This game is on GOG for $9.99
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns