Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-01-2005, 02:24 AM   #51
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by tentonipete@Jan 13 2005, 10:15 PM
well even using dosbox in win2k it still crashes after about 5 seconds
Version I have does not crash. I'll check with admins to upload it again and make sure they replace it this time. (I already did it once)
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 17-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #52
Guest_john

great game. ive been playing it a lot, and ive discovered that at the start of each level, all the enemy agents seem to rush at you in the first few seconds. is this supposed to happen?! cos it makes the later levels extremely hard!

Old 27-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #53
Christopher
Smile

Love the website. Nice to see all the old games I've been looking for on here. But Syndicate is a pain...can't get any sound even in DOSBOX. Can someone lay out some instruction on how to get my sound to work? I saw someone mention editing the Sound.bat file, but I didn't find a file by that exact name. Also, what program do I need to edit the sound bat? Thanks...

Old 06-02-2005, 02:20 AM   #54
Toby

Hi,

Big fan of this game, so I was stubborn about getting it to work. I experienced most of the problems listed in this topic, so I thought I'd share how I got around them all.

I'm running WinXP with DosBOX and the front end D-FEND. You can get it running without D-FEND, but I recommend it - it's system of profiles makes getting games to run enormously easier. You can get it from:

http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm.

1. I copied all the non .exe/.bat files into the data directory to get the sound working.

2. Using DosBOX config file or D-FEND profile, I changed the Soundblaster IRQ to 5 (I found no need to edit the synd.bat file)

3. Bumped the CPU cycles up to 10,000 - again, you can do this in the DosBOX config file or using D-FEND (this cured the pause-while-moving-the-mouse problem)

4. Downloaded the latest version of Dos4gw (link in this topic) and replaced the old dos4gw.exe with the new .exe file. I had to do this within DosBOX, because for some reason WinXP insisted a program was using all my syndicate/DosBOX files and wouldn't let me move or rename them.

5. The new Dos4gw would throw up an error whenever I bypassed the intro sequence. It's non-critical, but to get around it, I renamed intro.exe so Syndicate couldn't find it and then it would jump straight into the main menu (I thought using main.exe rather than synd.bat would have the same effect, but it didn't).

I hope this helps people. It's such a great game, so it's worth persevering. Hasn't aged too badly, I must say.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #55
Ken

When i played Syndicate a decade ago there used to be a hotkey or control move that jacked up all your agents drug bars to full and equipped their most powerful weapon- i think it was both mouse buttons together- but it doesn't seem to work now. Anyone with a manual can shed light on this?

Old 06-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #56
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Both mouse-buttons is correct. (Double click )
Old 27-02-2005, 03:59 AM   #57
skatesa207

this used to be like my favorite game, i also remember this was the first game that my mom refused to let me play. i never did beat this game, but hopefully now i can. ALRIGHT LETS DO IT.
skatesa207 is offline                         Send a private message to skatesa207
Old 27-02-2005, 05:09 PM   #58
TODEM

Does anyone know where can i find Sindicate: American Revolt..(extra missions) i used to own a CD and i remember American revolt being really really hard! Didnt finish a single mission; Now i think i am ready for payback
i have some frustrations left since Atlantic city mission LOL

Old 27-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #59
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by TODEM@Feb 27 2005, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know where can i find Sindicate: American Revolt..(extra missions) i used to own a CD and i remember American revolt being really really hard! Didnt finish a single mission; Now i think i am ready for payback
i have some frustrations left since Atlantic city mission LOL
I am almost sure I have it somewhere....But I need to find that damn CD first...
And yes it IS incredible dificult.Just for experienced Syndicate players...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 28-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #60
andyneillans
Quote:
Does anyone know where can i find Sindicate: American Revolt..(extra missions) i used to own a CD and i remember American revolt being really really hard! Didnt finish a single mission; Now i think i am ready for payback*
i have some frustrations left since Atlantic city mission*
I'm looking for American Revolt too Playing Syndicate has brought back fond memories :P Whatever happened to good gameplay?