Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-07-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
nami88

Default Albion freezing at a certain spot.

Hi, I'm having trouble with the game Albion. After the banquet when Drirr joins the party, I talk to some old guy and then I can't move or interact with the world at all. I tried running with no sound, running in both VDM Sound and Dosbox, running the Abandonia version as well as the Underdogs version, and I tried tweaking the memory and cores of dosbox.

Is there any solution to this problem? Because I really want to get past this part. I tried searching this forum and the archives and didn't find a solution.

Thanks.
nami88 is offline                         Send a private message to nami88
Old 27-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...irr#post218175
Quote:
The problem occurs in the Iksai village whenever I get the third party member. After Akiir's murder, I am joined by Drirr to investigate the murder. We go talk to Frill to gain some information. Every time after the conversation with Frill is over, I am unable to move the party.

Normally, the mouse icon is an arrow which changes direction based on which direction the party will walk if you click there. After the conversation, it is just a normal looking mouse cursor, a slender diagonal arrow, rather than the fat move arrow. It is an in-game cursor, since it is a lower resolution bluish cursor instead of a white cursor with a black border.

For some reason, the game just doesn't seem to give me back control of the party. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause?
Quote:
I had the same problem (in dosbox) simply reloaded a game from 5 minutes back and the problem was gone, try doing something different, like having another leader
Quote:
Oddly enough, that worked?!

Thanks Max!

I just happened to have one save that was about five minutes back... hehe. k:

Now I can continue this great game! :Brain:
Quote:
I've had the issue where, after the festival and assassination, when Driir joins the party, you go to speak to frill and the game crashes. I tried many things, dosbox, non-dosbox, lowmem version, etc. Then I noticed that when this happened, occasionally it would say "empty" in the status line (i think it depended on where the cursor was when it halted), and a little object would fly from the right side of the screen to the left, similar to what happens when someone gives you an object, but near the bottom of the screen. I checked it out again, and it was one of those little blue iskai dagger. I had found one of those recently and put it in my inventory to sell later. When reloaded and ditched the dagger before the meeting, it didn't crash. Don't know if this is unique for me, or if it will help anyone, but thought I'd post it to give anyone else another lead if they are having a similar problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 27-07-2008 at 07:40 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman