Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #51
venyera
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 5 2007, 06:44 AM) [snapback]281885[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
loading... No parser file specified... what does this mean?
[/b]
Here is the original install version, just unzip, mount the game's folder to c: and launch install.exe.
venyera is offline                         Send a private message to venyera
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #52
Phoenix061590
Default Windows 7 / TFX

I recently bought the CD version of this game off eBay. I'm using a Dell computer running Windows 7, so I figured i'd be okay trying to run this game on it. But on opening the command prompt and trying to install it in DOS like it tells me to, I get an alert box titled "Unsupported 16-bit Application", with the following text:

'The program or feature "\??\D:\INSTALL.EXE cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.'

DOS goes on to say that the version of D:\INSTALL.EXE isn't compatible with the version of Windows that I'm running, and to check my computer's system info to see if I need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then to contact the software publisher.

I tried downloading a 64-bit patch off the Microsoft website, but it says it isn't compatible.

What do I do now?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #53
R153nm
Forum hobbit

You are going to have to try it in DosBox. The command prompt is not actually a version of DOS.
R153nm is offline                         Send a private message to R153nm
Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #54
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

For instructions on how to set up DOSBox on your system, please refer to the guide here: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #55

{ 19-01-2006, 12:16 PM #13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please explain (in Idiot-Speak) how to make this game work in DOS Box. I've no idea what I need to type.

Yes, I read the DOS Box Read-me.

No, it didn't help. }

First mount the drive you want to run in dosbox - [type] mount c c:\xxx [Enter] (where xxx is the location you wish to eithor run or install the game on the c drive)
[type] mount d d:\ [Enter] (d being your cd drive that the game is in - unless it's an a drive setup -)
[type] d: [Enter]
[type] install.exe (or) dir [Enter] (dir will show you what the drive has filewise, then find the install.exe or setup.exe)
The load screen will ask you to install on either c or d, highlight c in red and hit enter.
When finished it will say to run config or push you through the config file - modern systems allow the highest levels easily. Add a joystick and set the sound effects to sb16 and the music to lapc1, this is almost how I remember it sounding on the pre w95 pc, the in sim music sounds off though the interface music is correct. Setup the controller you want - joystick - and remember to save before you quit. Once you exit setup [type] tfx [Enter]
That should put an end to the message, and make sure the cd is in the drive - though installed on c it won't work without the cd.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:02 AM   #56
ACMDogfight1997
Default Patches

Does anyone know how to install the patches for this game? I'm running on DOSBox 0.74 in Windows 8.1. I downloaded it from this website. I can't get past training mission 7.