Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #81
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Gzz, some people.

Comparing this to Monkey Island is nonsense. Maye Discworld would suffice with all the sorcery, but still not the same at all. And Monkey Island 2 was BAD. I mean really bad. All the gamers hated it, the series almost got finished because of the hugh dislike it got.

If I'd want to criticise that list further, I'd say Indiana Jones had terrible interface, King's Quest was EGA and the text-based interface I hated (and the later parts were too candy in story), Laisure Suit Larry (whatever the spelling is) could be really blamed for being random and nonsense in the field of puzzles, and Space Quest was just another "Quests of Sierra" clone.
But as I don't want, I'll just leave that on you
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 23-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #82
ayoeness
Sleep doll, mommy's mining

I liked monkey island 2
Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: "Learn, guys."
ayoeness is offline                         Send a private message to ayoeness
Old 23-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #83
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Gzz, some people.

Comparing this to Monkey Island is nonsense. Maye Discworld would suffice with all the sorcery, but still not the same at all. And Monkey Island 2 was BAD. I mean really bad. All the gamers hated it, the series almost got finished because of the hugh dislike it got.
Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge was better, in my opinion than Secret of Monkey Island. Also, Simon the Sorcerer is a very fun game, got to love the voice acting by Chris Barrie. Speaking of which, Simon the Naked King, you do know that the Simon the Sorcerer games were aimed for the teenage demographic of gamers, right?
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #84
Evil Bunny

I love, love, love this game, its graphics and, above all, its music.

When I discovered this - Enhanced by James Woodcock - an enhancement of MIDI files, I was over the moon!
(I checked the forum rules - this is okay for linking, right?)
Evil Bunny is offline                         Send a private message to Evil Bunny