Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 29-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Looks really nice, I love historic games. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 30-01-2006, 01:52 AM   #3

I'd like to play this game, but whenever I click "get it", I get a server error. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Old 30-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
James

This game runs well under windows xp i just downloaded it and looked around the game itself is very detailed and it contains a good manual which explains everything i have yet to do any battles or anything like that but i will try tommorow i would recommend it if you like a war strategy game.

Old 30-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 30 2006, 04:52 AM
whenever I click "get it", I get a server error
Are you using any download programes? They may not work. Try downloading directly (it works fine for me).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 30-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Rorschach
Forum hobbit

Hey Sebastianos, that review wasn't much helpful, too much history lesson, and only one short paragraph with a general overview of the game... As far as introductions go, we pretty much have only the screenshots to go by... :/
Rorschach is offline                         Send a private message to Rorschach
Old 30-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I wanted people to get interested in the game, not explain it in detail. You also have the editor's and the public rating (both in favour of the game). The game is strategic - meaning you need to make units to fight with, move units, win fights, conquer cities, and ensure you'll be able to make more amred forces, while defending your theritory. There's a lot of micromanagment, but that's all in the manual (that's why it's there for). The graphics are obvious from the screenshots (and are really nice) and the sound is OK. The game is controled with the mouse. To find out anything else - simply download and try (downloads are free you know).

And about the history lesson - the game is historical, so you should know the background of it - the Punic Wars.
Old 30-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #8

Quote:

Are you using any download programes? They may not work. Try downloading directly (it works fine for me).
No, just normal downloading. I've tried a few random games, and for me, none of those are downloadable either. It's odd, because this problem has only happened to me within the past two weeks or so. In the past, I've had no problems at all.

Old 31-01-2006, 04:33 AM   #9

I gave it a 2

because we can't control the troops while fighting.

Old 31-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #10
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Rorschach@Jan 30 2006, 12:34 PM
Hey Sebastianos, that review wasn't much helpful, too much history lesson, and only one short paragraph with a general overview of the game... As far as introductions go, we pretty much have only the screenshots to go by... :/
i have to agree, just marking a game "strategy" really doesn't give mush to go on. Is the game real-time or turn based? Is it more like centurion or caesar? is it more military oriented or is the economy the focus? or is it 4x like civ?

this review is just bad :not_ok: