Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #101
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

A couple of seconds? :blink: That can be quite deadly. It's just a bit longer than normal walking, but definitely not a couple of seconds.

I've tried playing the game through force, too, beating the rivaling clans to get as much land as possible and overrunning my boss whenever I was ready. Doesn't give a higher score, but I did reach unsurpassed honour.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 21-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #102
Tito
Alley Cat

This game rocks! Though I can't help playing as an honorable samurai. A pity the manual isn't available, it added a lot of stuff about japanese information and history in the XVI century. Think they got it at the Underdogs.
Old 21-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #103
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Sep 12 2005, 01:19 PM
How'd it go, and how'd it affect your score?
I lost the battle.

I accidently pushed the attack button.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 06-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #104
samurai lover
Wink

:angel: For all that try to win the duel. Hold the enter and the down arrow key at the same time, then wait patiently for him to get close, release the down arrow key. Most of the time you will get 2 hits with 1 strike and it is unblockable. Do not try for blocking, it a waste of time.
:Titan: For those that want to win a battle with less troop.
attacking, move 1 of your troops close to enemy with out attacking, and move the other troop to attack from the side or back. Also use all your archer to attack their archer one at a time.
:bye: deffender, as soon as your enemy moving try to get your troops to move away from them as far as posible, then use the attacking tactic. It work really well.
:whistle: As for melee cobat using bow and arrow is the key. In the village, try to stand between two house and kill them with arrows. They can't come for you from the sides. As ninja work move from 1 room to the other, stay out of the passage way, try not to enter the room until you see what in it, open the door and move to the side so they won't see you, but you can see them.
For ninja in your house. Move as fast as you can to your heir room or your sword room and kill any one that pop up or come to you.

k: Hope with all these tip should make the game alot more fun to play. I use to own this when it first release in the late 80's play with it for months. If I remeber right, I even get the 300 years shogunate. Read the book call shogun would help to think and play the game better. I will try to get the 300 year shogunate again. HAVE FUN.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:22 AM   #105
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

There's a game based on James Clavell's Shogun, which can be found here, for those that want to read that book Samurai Lover mentioned, but love to play games even more
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 06-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #106
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

I played this game a while ago. It's awesome. Now, there's one tip you missed to give out.

Assassinating a rival is not necessarily dishonourable! When you infiltrate his house and reach his bedroom, you'll find him asleep on his bed. Now you have two options. The dishonourable, cowardly way is to close enough and kill him with your sword (the same way you kill the guards). This way you get rid of him easily, but lose honour.

Now, the honourable way is to get closer and closer to him (if I recall correctly) until he wakes up. Then you'll have to fight a duel with him, and if you manage to kill him you won't lose any honour and he'll be out of the way. That's the right but harder way to do it.

Hope that helps. k:
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 16-05-2006, 01:28 AM   #107
Setonix
Lurker

One of the best games ever made in terms of gameplay and authenticity.

Perhaps we should lobby Firaxis to remake it (if they can get the rights to do so).
Setonix is offline                         Send a private message to Setonix
Old 16-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #108
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by Setonix@May 16 2006, 02:28 AM
Perhaps we should lobby Firaxis to remake it (if they can get the rights to do so).
This game could profit from modern technology. Still, I don't have faith in the contemporary gaming industry's not screwing up a classic instead of making a decent remake.

--The Poster Formlerly Known as Tanaka
Old 24-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #109
z-a-k

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny@Jun 10 2005, 05:06 AM
Hi again everyone.. Ok, for the guys who are dying to try this game out but have not been able to get it working.. you need to install a program called DosBox, go to the following url:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox/...er.exe?download

Download and install, mount C drive and run Samurai.com..
Next ENJOY !!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I tried to get it working forever but couldn't. I was using d-fend with dos-box because dos-box confused the heck out of me. I created a profile under d-fend named sword of the samurai and then for the .exe file i used the samurai.com file and for the setup.exe file i used install.bat. I then accepted all the defaults and ran the profile. It worked like a charm.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #110
Antonio7073

Does anyone know where I can get another game like this? Like another samurai simulation game.Thanks!
Antonio7073 is offline                         Send a private message to Antonio7073