Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #41
Servo

This is one of my favorite games of all time and I am surprised at the lack of respect it gets from the gaming community. I haven’t seen too much down talk here but I am amazed this game isn’t considered one of the best business sims of all time or at least thought of as one of the top tycoon games. At least then you would see it in one of the big packs of tycoon games and hopefully we would have seen a remake by now. The amount of time and effort put into this game along with the multiple levels upon which it can be enjoyed is quite an accomplishment. I can remember playing many hours designing my shop taking over the market buying plenty of lemon ice cream and destroying all my competition with a little help from the local mafia of course. Then when I have made the perfect pizzas and have everything going for me I deposit my money in a bank run by Michael Jackson or Nikita Kruschev. I love this game so here is a little tip. If you just want to play around make a character take out a few loans save the character and make a new game with that char. It will give you a good base and help you learn the game. I still do hope for a remake of this game but sadly I think it may be lost among the never remade dos classics.
Servo is offline                         Send a private message to Servo
Old 04-04-2005, 01:09 AM   #42
lovingthesite

This is quite a game and there is more to it than you'd think. In the beginning I was losing about $3000 a day no matter what I tried. Couldn't make a go of it at all. Finally realized that the advertising fee is not a one shot charge but a DAILY fee for seven days Thanks for the "gun running" tip. It helped a lot!

Now I'm having the same problem as Guest_Matt. I'm zipping along serving 420 pizza a day with two chefs, two waiters, good recipes and a 37 percent of the market. Suddenly, no one comes in. Not a single customer. Supplies are fine. Larder is full. The bottom just drops out. Everything else is the same. It's frustrating.

Also, I found a wonderful tip and help site through Googling. Even your furniture choices affect scoring. If I'm permitting to post the URL:

http://www.pizzatycoon.org/index3.html

Kindly delete, Monitors, if this is not permitted.

Much as I love the game, it's getting to me. Iit's not fun to put a lot of work into a shop if, at any minute, everything may haywire. Sure, sure, I'll be right back at it tomorrow. LOL

Enjoying all the posts. Gamers are good people.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #43
Gejmer Božo

I've never had problems with money. Maybe becouse I smuggled weapons so much
Gejmer Božo is offline                         Send a private message to Gejmer Božo
Old 08-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #44
Pizza Muncher

Just wondering how I can find my players Bank account numbers? I'm trying to transfer money from one players account into another. How do I get the account number?

Old 17-04-2005, 09:28 AM   #45
Leiko

Thumbs up

I have configured and installed Pizza Tycoon and am running it on DOSBOX. However, when I start the game, the credits follow, and follow and follow The game does not seem to start, and I just get a repeat of all the credits. Is there anything I can do?
Old 09-05-2005, 03:35 AM   #46
Misty55

Is there anyone who can tell me what each Jury member judges you on...cause every Pizza I make, the second to last guy ALWAYS gives me a 0 and I don't know why

Also..how do you raise the popularity of your shop...I can't seem to get it even into the popular numbers...it's always -14 or -26 or something...even after adding new recipes to the list and competing against people. And how do you know what furnature people like, cause it seems that no matter what I use, no body likes it, even if it's good quality >_<

Old 29-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #47
fumantsu

I have see a strange think. Either running the game from DosBox either directly from windows xp the starting year is 1995. The missions starts in year 1994. So you can't play any mission. Has anyone see this?

Old 02-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #48
Evil dog

Hey how can i sa ve the character not the game or the mision? :help:

Old 03-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #49
luxurious

Quote:
Originally posted by Misty55@May 9 2005, 03:35 AM
Is there anyone who can tell me what each Jury member judges you on...cause every Pizza I make, the second to last guy ALWAYS gives me a 0 and I don't know why

Also..how do you raise the popularity of your shop...I can't seem to get it even into the popular numbers...it's always -14 or -26 or something...even after adding new recipes to the list and competing against people. And how do you know what furnature people like, cause it seems that no matter what I use, no body likes it, even if it's good quality >_<
you can raise your popularity by advertising and the popularity is higher with more stars of your restaurants too... you can bribe senator if you have good status
Old 07-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #50

how do you use the weapons in your competition's shop? i can walk around in there with it, but not much else.