Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #161
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DosBox v 0.70.
0.63 is grossly outdated and not recommended.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #162
NewGuy

Well, I upgraded to DOSBox 7 and it didn't work, but just now instead of mounting to the c:\
I mounted to c:\MOO
MOO is my folder
then I typed ORION and BLAM!!!
It worked, thanks for the suggestions everyone.
:brain:

Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #163
Avelardo
Abandonia nerd

OMG! A buddy of mine just gave me MOO3! It's level of depth is very impressive.

In other news, the "New Orions" are cheap b******s who need to learn their place.

...just as soon as I research "Behemoth" class starships...
Avelardo is offline                         Send a private message to Avelardo
Old 16-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #164
Talaisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fourth
A buddy of mine just gave me MOO3! Its level of depth is very impressive.

In other news, the "New Orions" are cheap b******s who need to learn their place.

...just as soon as I research "Behemoth" class starships...
Meh, I never much liked MOO3. Too much micromanagement needed. Still... behemoth ships are nice and big. And big means more guns!

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: html

Old 16-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #165

Yes, the level of detail was overwhelming at first, and sometimes, even news that isn't marked with "high priority" can be empire-crushing if overlooked. :angry:

But the 3d ship battles are darn cool, and manipulating the starmap is somehow appealing to me. k:

Old 26-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #166
Avelardo
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talaisan
Meh, I never much liked MOO3. Too much micromanagement needed. Still... behemoth ships are nice and big. And big means more guns!
Behemoths are nice, but Leviathans are better (and bigger!). I just wish they had a suitable ship model, because seeing no difference in relative size between Behemoths and Leviathans is rather unsettling.

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: html
Avelardo is offline                         Send a private message to Avelardo
Old 22-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #167
Nate

A ways into the game, I'm asked to identify some ship models by name and if I don't answer correctly, I lose the game. Does anyone know where I can find the answers and/or bypass this test?

Old 25-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #168
12turtle12
Game freak

Um, I seem to recall downloading some type of crack that let's you put whatever you want, but most of them are pretty easy. If it's a green ship a lot of times it's a viper or serpent or whatever. If that doesn't get you anywhere I would just suggest saving every few rounds or so. I've played some looooong games of MoO and I think you only get asked 1 or 2 times in that whole time. Usually the first time is right around round 50 or so I think...
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 02-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #169
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
A ways into the game, I'm asked to identify some ship models by name and if I don't answer correctly, I lose the game. Does anyone know where I can find the answers and/or bypass this test?
Yes, I believe there is a jpg file with the shape of ships and their name in the zip file. If not you can search it on net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIL
After easily winning a game on Medium mode, I lost badly in Hard now. Every single race but myself voted for those Silicoids so they won. If that wouldn't have been the case, I think the Klackons, with whom I was at war with, sooner or later would have killed me anyways.
Well, that means you need diplomacy as well. You should always check diplomatic page to know if they allied. There is a big chance to lose the game if computer manage to ally a few species. Checking the number of planets are also useful.

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: html ... so. much. html.
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 03-08-2007, 02:45 AM   #170
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
Yes, I believe there is a jpg file with the shape of ships and their name in the zip file. If not you can search it on net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIL
After easily winning a game on Medium mode, I lost badly in Hard now. Every single race but myself voted for those Silicoids so they won. If that wouldn't have been the case, I think the Klackons, with whom I was at war with, sooner or later would have killed me anyways.
Well, that means you need diplomacy as well. You should always check diplomatic page to know if they allied. There is a big chance to lose the game if computer manage to ally a few species. Checking the number of planets are also useful.
One of the keys to winning at the harder levels is to either have one third of the votes sewn up before the first election takes place, or to stay small enough that you are not one of the two candidates for the election. To stay small, make sure that you are not increasing your population to the point that you pass the second most populous race. Once you have begged, borrowed, or stolen enough tech to face the hypothetical republic, you let your population surge and hope that the republic does not form without you as the president.

If you do lose the election, you have not lost the game; unless, one of the other races can just annihilate your planets. Biotoxin antidote is one of the must have techs.

I once had a bizarre game where none of Antimatter, Omega-V, or Neutronium bombs showed up, for any race. Planets were invulnerable to attack; until I developed the Mauler. The Death Ray could also destroy a missile base, but only one at a time.

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: html
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell