Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #11
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default If you don't like what you got...

Or so the song goes. I fixed this which has been bugging me for a while. It seems the "select language" thing is a variable text string that is assigned to a pixel position over the balloon for the nerd guy. The reason it looks chopped off in my previous post is because my screen is too large for the dimensional design of this site. Basically, the site was created with absolute pixel coordinates vs. percentage positioning and the appropriate use of float, absolute or relative, depending on the desired result. See the attached for the fixed look. Oh, I fixed the ad placement too. Oh, and I fixed a lot of other stuff too. There is also another screenshot here of the file 'size' overlap thing that has haunted me since day one. The screenshot shows the broken image, but that is fixed as well.

GTX2GvO, I'll try to send you two PMs. One containing a list of notes (boring) and the other containing the dark style code. There is still a lot to do and the code is sloppy and messy, but what I have done works for me. It may vary for other users. Especially, I imagine, the Mac users

More later, I'm sure. I really would like to finish this at some point and have people "test drive" it... or not.

Cheers
Ohne

EDIT:
GTX2GvO

You've got mail
Attached Images
File Type: png Fixit 01.png (86.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png Weird Size thing.png (5.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 16-05-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 16-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
GTX2GvO
The (Web)Space Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
As far as bugs go
I've found 1 bug you need to fix ASAP.

Code:
/* replacement graphic for head.gif */
#header {
height: 0 !important;
width: 0 !important;
padding-left: 977px !important;
padding-top: 120px !important;
background:url("file:///C:/Users/Ohne/Pictures/Abandonia%20Work/headtrns.gif") no-repeat !important;
}
I have no access to YOUR harddrive, so could you post linked images to PUBLIC hosts?

Oh and.

Code:
body, .page, #container{
background-color:#333333 !important;
color:#454545 !important; 
padding-left: 35px !important;
}
That can remain 0 to keep the site to the left.
(And you can see I've changed the Background into not too black, but that's personal choice)

Oh one last thing. I'm not keeping this enabled till the bugs are ironed out.

Member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
GTX2GvO is offline                         Send a private message to GTX2GvO
Old 16-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Here's the graphic. I hoped you saved a backup of the original because once you use this or any other replacement graphics, I don't think you will see the world the same way.

There are no "bugs". It is an incomplete work in progress that I had previously told you I would share with you today. It should be nothing less than what it is, and quite a bit more than what you already had to work with, or so I imagine.

Unless you are already had a completed css style and you are trying to practice some kind of secret CSS ninja stuff on me, then it's ok.
Attached Images
File Type: gif headtrns.gif (4.6 KB, 10 views)
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 20-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default FF4 and the Daily Quiz

Nevermind all the personalization for Abandonia, I am done with the way I want mine to look. I did add one more little thing though, as a separate style. I kept it separate from the rest of my style so I can toggle it on or off.

The basic function is to make the game review screenshots smaller so more twice as many screenshots on a page at one time. Upon hover, the hovered imaged is enlarged. I like it anyway
Attached Images
File Type: png Daily - Crystal Maze.png (154.7 KB, 6 views)