Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-08-2010, 04:52 AM   #41
FrodoSam999

Angry This game is indeed nearly impossible to win.

I needed to slow DOSBox down to 500 cycles to navigate the wormhole, which makes the graphics WAY slow. I simply can't react fast enough otherwise, and I've yet to escape the minefield. This is a rogue-like game (You can't save the game) so I must replay everything before the minefield. (Who is that good?)
FrodoSam999 is offline                         Send a private message to FrodoSam999
Old 20-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #42
80s_Guy
Default Love it

Love this game. I had this back in the day, bought it in 1990. Played it a heckuva lot. Lot of fond memories.

After beating the game, I would typically just play the BOP Simulator. As a trek fan, I always imagined what it would be like to be aboard a starship for a battle. This is as close as you got back then. I eventually got pretty good at the BOP simulator, I could beat all BOP's with ease. So I would start off with a handicap, I'd let the BOP's hit me several times so that I started off damaged, and then see if I could still win the game.

I'm a bit rusty now, it took me 4 tries to beat all 3 BOP's this time. Ah well, it's still a lot of fun! I've never come across another good starship battle simulator for Star Trek. Anyone played any good ones? I've seen screenshots on a few Trek games, but haven't heard of any Trek games that had really good starship combat simulators. This version from 1989 is the best I have played.