Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #131
Joshsux

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stroggy @ Oct 16 2004, 12:07 AM) [snapback]17689[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
there was a large thread on the gamespot forums about why lucasarts doesn't want to release its older games for free (like Bethesda did with arena)
there eventually was no answer.
[/b]
They do not answer because they do not care anymore, Lucas Arts do not sell the games on their website anymore, only places like Amazon now sell it, that is why i was told by an admin at some warez site why they were allowed to host it on their website.
Joshsux is offline                         Send a private message to Joshsux
Old 28-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #132
matdmb
Lurker

Default omg

omg for real
matdmb is offline                         Send a private message to matdmb
Old 29-01-2008, 07:10 AM   #133
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

No!

I doubt anybody ever alowed them to host the games. It's just possible ESA and LucasArts haven't come knocking on their IP yet.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 29-01-2008, 07:20 AM   #134
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

or they could be from sweden or something :P
Old 29-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #135
thetitan

Send a message via ICQ to thetitan Send a message via AIM to thetitan Send a message via Skype™ to thetitan

DoT is one of my favorite games. Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle are two of the first quest games I ever plaid and actually completed. Lol. Loads of fun.
thetitan is offline                         Send a private message to thetitan
Old 30-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #136
skepticcs

So with LucasArts leaving ESA, now may be a good time to start talking about this great game. I hope we see it up here soon. I'm dying to play it again.
skepticcs is offline                         Send a private message to skepticcs
Old 30-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #137
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You're not the only one who hopes this game will become abandonware soon, but unfortunately LucasArts do protect their games - they just decided to leave ESA - which was basically just the watchdog LucasArts (and other companies) hired to protect their games.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 31-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #138
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

btw did fifth contact about the games yet? ...
Old 31-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #139
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Not yet, because I must have clarification from Kosta on a few things. I've sent him an e-mail about it last week and am waiting for a response.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #140
KrisViking

Talking First played it when it was fresh off the line.

This game is a classic and is, if any of the new gamers are ignorant of it, a sequel to Maniac Mansion. I never really got far into the original, but this rocks. I first played it in 1993 when it was pretty much brand new and my dad had gotten a copy from some friend of his. So we played it though the protection system was always annoying, but that little annoyance was well worth it because DOTT is simply one of the best and funniest games there are.

Initially all the playing was of course the floppy version with only midi, but I always loved it and when I was out of town when I was about 12(1996) I had an opportunity to buy the CD-rom talkie version in the white label box and needless to say I bought it without hesitation and the voices added a whole new dimension to the game. Bernard Bernouli really sounds dorky, Hoagies the endearing comments to the Edison brothers "I'm no marble deliveryman, but rock is my life" and the emphasis on the semi-psychopathic features of Laverne had me in heaven. I still have that game, the cd is still in near excellent condition after 12 years and I enjoy it with ScummVM along with the old Sam & Max: Hit the Road which I bought a year or so later.

I say to you people that if you can get a copy then buy it. It is still such a good game after 15 years. Way to go Lucasarts
KrisViking is offline                         Send a private message to KrisViking