Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #41
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchaossega View Post
o... I need to make a bootable game.
Euuurhh ... it's a Win9X game ...... bootable game?

I think that's where I leave you with your problems.
KTHXBAAAAAI.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #42
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

In other words just get Daemon tools lite, PowerISO or Alcohol120% mount the ISO form the cellar and click on the mounted CD drive with the mounted image on it. And your game will be bootable...dont worry about copying it too a real cd/dvd thats just doing more work then you need to.

Make sure you have extrated the ISO/bin/cue files from the download. Since I don't know whats actually in the download.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #43
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
And your game will be bootable...

Are you talking about autorun feature here? That's hardly something to call 'bootable'.

ISO cellar says it's CloneCD ..... captchaossega, when you wrote your CD did you point to the CUE file?

FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #44
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Shush Dos..you know what I mean.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchaossega View Post
ok, burned all the files from the ISO cellar into an ISO file but now all I have is a dvd with the iso file,
You did exactly what I told you not to: burned a CD with the disc image as a file on it. Again, your program is supposed to have an option called something like "burn image", "burn disc from image" or "burn image to disc" that is meant specially for disc images. That is what you are supposed to use.
Quote:
I need to make a bootable game.
Are you sure you're not confusing the term "boot" with the meaning of "autorun"? Those are two very different things.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #46
dosraider
Dismembered.

A pic says more than a thousand etcetera etcetera ....

FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
Old 20-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #47
captchaossega

Default Ok, here's what I got

Hello all.

I know I may look like a dummy, but want to make sure how to do it right.

in my directory are:
covers.rar
shadowcrk.zip
shadowman1.nfo
shadowman1.r00
shadowman1.r01
shadowman1.r02
shadowman1.r03
shadowman1.r04
shadowman1.r05
shadowman1.r06
shadowman1.r07
shadowman1.r08
shadowman1.rar
shadowman1.sfv
shadwfix.zip
sman-d3dcfg-bh.zip
smfixexe.zip

Do these need to be unzipped before I use Imgburn to burn them to a disk?

Do I have to create an image file before I burn it to disk?

I don't want just an image file that won't autorun, or a disk with simply the above contents which is what I got when I tried the 'write image to disk" that a previous suggestion said.

Please have patient with me as am still learning this. Thanks.

Capt C.
captchaossega is offline                         Send a private message to captchaossega
Old 20-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #48
dosraider
Dismembered.

Hit shadowman1.rar to unzip the image file.
You can use WinRar or 7Zip to do this.
Use a new folder to store all the files that are in the archive.

You don't have to 'create' an image file, the CD image is in the archive.
The post in the ISO cellar says it's a Clone CD image, so you'll get several files.
One of them should be a *.CUE file.
Use "Write image file to disk" option in ImgBurn.
Point ImgBurn to the CUE file to burn the CD.

[Edit]
Now that I think about it, before you try to burn the CD maybe post what files you have.
Sometimes the providers use an extra compressor.
Can be ECM or such ..... then you need to do an extra manip before you can use the image.

FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 20-11-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #49
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I downloaded this not from the iso-cellar, maybe it will work, maybe not. I can always carry my savegames in case of trouble I hope anyway.

So, the first impression of this game, that it is hugh, boring, and with full of things-to-collect, very much like Myst.

This means I want a map. But of course that doesn't exist (at least an ingame-map would be basic). And the game does not allow alt-tab. And it has a long, unskippable intro. And certain effects makes me vomit (fortunatelly the game itself is bearable, although Blair Witch Project did way better not making you vomit).

Interrestingly you play as a black guy. Good idea. The movement of the caracter is not, it looks like some strange rapper hi on crack. Also making the protagonist a black guy is one thing, showing him ass-naked right at the first seconds is another (and they really do it).

Most of the human-characters acted like statues.
The dog(s) were awesome. The fact that I had to go right in the trace of the zombie-dog, without weapon or any kind of confrontation, wasn't.

The story is what makes me not delete this game - it is made in an appealing way. Of course it can be totally ruined later by transforming this into a Doom-like actiongame (and this game has an awfull way of movement, camera-angles, and so on).

It is also not at all obvious what to do, why, and how, so I'll hunt down the manual if possible.

Oh, and the old "unlimited spaced trouser syndrom" comes back with this game. For no appearent reason, right at the beggining, you can collect "cadaveours" - they look like human-sized ripped-out human hearts. And you can collect 13 of these just until the Temple. For no appearent reason.

Oh, and a full list of secrets would also be nice.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 11-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #50
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I've met the first fights, and the game seems to have serious flaws.

First: not enough that there is no automap, but the colouration just cofuses you further.

Second: life-replenishment comes from red bulbs. These come from killed monsters or from pots. But they disappear after a short while. What is a problem, as during fights you CAN be damaged. Seriously. And smashing the pots are required for gathering cadaveaurs too. So I say this is bad design.

Now enemies: I met 2 kinds. Zombies are plentiful, but they are just target-pratice. Oh, don't try to "snipe", that has no use. But use the autoaim. Anyway, zombies when die blow up, damaging you if you are nearby. Someone really could mention this (either NPC you talk with).
Ok, I know you're "ShadowMan" for long, but com'on, you're still a level 0 ShadowMan after all those years!

The other kind of enemy was as I heared "slasher". They are stupid, but strong, and have a ranged-attack. When you get into shooting-distance (try the autoaim to determine this) they stop shooting whatever they use. But they are bad aimers anyway. Now when you get close they start to go berserk: they hit melee, and relativly fast go forward. This is the part where the AI lacks sanity: this berserking seems to work for a given time, during which they can not change direction.

One other thing though what makes fights more difficult then comfortable: the monsters seem to regenerate to full health if you don't kill them by constant shooting. I mean if a monster needs 4 shot to be killed, but after the 3rd shot you miss, or something, you'll have to start all over again the whole procedure. (It seems the protagonist too says something rude when this happens.)
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight