Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hey guys. I had a ling 3-4 weeks ago about trying to remember a game. I know this is a re-post, but maybe we have new peoples, or maybe someone's mind out there has been refreshed since then. Anyways,

I'm looking for a game which was almost an upgrade to Scorched Earth. (it's not Scorch 2000 or Scorch3D, it's not modern. (eg. it's pre 2000) It was on an isometric field of play. the play field was either a circle, or an island (once again, NOT Scorch3D) and I don't remember if you could move your view perspective around the field (you couldn't zoom in, I remember that I think) but it was JUST like Scorched earth where you calibrated aim angle, direction, and power, you bought diffrent weapons just like scorched earth, and you had shields just like scorched earth. Also I remember the talks talked JUST like in Scorched earth, saying funny things like (Your shoelaces are UNITED, and "Asta la vista!!"" al la Worms style. Plus the things said came up as text, AND had speech.

So, can ANYONE help me? ;_; this was such a fun game, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 22-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
Game Phre|<
Forum hobbit

This It?
Old 22-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

LOL nope, definately not. The graphics weren't that good. They were more of a DOS, or Windows 3.x-95 standard. Nice choice, but it's not what i'm looking for. I appriciate it though!
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 22-03-2005, 11:00 PM   #4
Game Phre|<
Forum hobbit

Was is parashooter? If so I still have the original if you want it. I will post it up on Angel Fire if you want :bye:
Old 22-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Was is parashooter? If so I still have the original if you want it. I will post it up on Angel Fire if you want
Heh, I don't remember the name, that's the whole point of this question. Maybe if you added some screenshots along with the possibilitys?
Old 22-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #6
Game Phre|<
Forum hobbit

Let me install it and post some ingame screenshots for you.

Duh yeah my last post was lacking ummmmmm

intelligence?
Old 23-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #7
Game Phre|<
Forum hobbit

Ok after checking out this game it's more like that one where you shoot down the aliens from a fixed emplacement. Not what you are looking for Sorry. While we are on the subject though. Do you know a newer game where you control armies (like calvary and infantry etc.) into attacking each other in realtime?
Old 24-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hm, seems this game of mine is TRUELY elusive....

Edit: oops, TOTALLY forgot about the edit button. x_x;
Old 13-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
mitchimol

This is a game called Blast Doors.

http://www.fiends.com/Index/Blast.jsp
mitchimol is offline                         Send a private message to mitchimol