Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
Wicky
the little viking

Default about gog.com

This GoG is become more an more an enemy. Their games have been abandoned and available to be downloaded free, for years! Then GoG comes and picks them up in order to make profit, but with prices of 10€ for a 15 year-old game they do not make any noticable profit due to minimialistic demand.

They do not produce anything and therefore I believe, they'd rather sell zero copies in order to prevent everyone from hosting these games, than allowing anyone from enjoying these classics.

I hereby declare gog.com the arch-enemy of abandonia!
Old 28-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Ummm, no. They're making the games profitable for the original developers, which is going to keep older games supported for a lot longer.

Pity qbix gave DOSbox away for free, or he'd get a lovely slew of royalties from all these adaptations of it.

And what with ESA and various lawyers sniffing around - we don't need this crap in our forums either. You should know better, Wicky.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 29-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

GOG allows the copyright owners to do what any sane person should have done in the first place - ensure that even though their games are no longer sold as physical copies, anyone can purchase a copy online - and one that will work on modern systems at that.
They are providing a legal, easily accessible and completely valid alternative to piracy.
The prices vary from game to game - some may be just right, others may be steep. Give it some time.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread