Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #21
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

EDIT: Nevermind, It was off-topic
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 05-10-2007, 02:01 AM   #22
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

Why is it that some of my games don't run with mame saver but I can open them with my MAME emulator. I use MAME32 and have tried MAMEPlus. One game that comes to mind is Sunset Riders. It doesn't show up in the list to check off for mame saver, but it's in my game list for the emulator and I can play it fine.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 05-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #23
mika
Games Master

This happens because Mamesaver verifies all ROM's on rebuilding the list. If a ROM does not verify properly (ie if MAME does not have a "WORKING" label for that ROM), then Mamesaver ignores it. This is done because MAME asks you to type OK whenever you start a non-working the game.

As far as I know there is no way to turn off the OK question when starting a non-working game. If you know a way around this then please let me know

EDIT: If you check at MAWS (http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/ssriders) you'll see that the driver for Sunset Riders is "imperfect" which means MAME would ask you to type OK whenever starting the game.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #24
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

No not the ok question problem. It's just that the romset doesn't even appear in the list of mame saver's cycle of roms. I have about 20 roms and I can run them all in the same emulator I use for mamesaver... but mamesaver only detects and uses about 10 of them. They aren't in the check list for usable or not.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #25
mika
Games Master

Mamesaver totally ignores the ROMS (non "working" ones) when rebuilding the list.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #26
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

Is there a tweak that can change this?
Old 16-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #27
Thraka
Forum hobbit

Here is a little tip for you all.. The core mame engine (which every mame32 build is based off of) supports save states. you can create a save state for a game by pushing SHIFT-F7 then the slot # (which i think is 1-9 or 1-0) and a file will be created in the default sta sub directory. When you're in the game you can load it by pushing F7 then the slot #. You can also auto do this on the command line by using the switch -state <slot #> :nuts:

So you can go into the games you want to be on the screensaver, save a slot at the beginning of the attract sequence, and have them auto load when the rom is loaded.

Then just modify the command line in the screensaver config to always use a specific slot # like so:
-skip_gameinfo -nowindow -noswitchres -sleep -triplebuffer -nosound -state 8
Thraka is offline                         Send a private message to Thraka
Old 08-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #28
mika
Games Master

Talking Wow

I had forgotten that I had posted this here. This was probably the first place I ever "advertised" mamesaver hah

If anybody is interested it got a bit more interest in the last year or two and a very kind guy from New Zealand updated it with some awesome features - work great!

It's also moved to github https://github.com/mika76/mamesaver