Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

as you said: ... like watching an ancient trying to do the same thing he did 30 years ago and that, for sure, is impossible. :P The Rolling Stones were wicked... 40 years ago... or thereabout. Now they are tired old geezers lying abouth their ages. BUT: The old '60s clips of the Stones are among the best ones I've ever seen by any band. Living in the past? Me? Nooooooo

Now: **** SParrer - The Decca Years

Old 24-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
Tito
Alley Cat

Are you sure of that? I've heard they are still impressive. Maybe it's because of all the scenery they carry with themselves, that manages to distract the attention to the fact that they can't shake as in the good old times?

But again, I've remembered another concert that demonstrates my incorrect statement. That is, Gilberto Gil. He is a Brazilian samba singer, currently 64 years old and Minister of Culture Affairs for Brazil. I watched him in a concert in which also played Marianne Faithfull and believe me, it was one of the best concerts I've ever watched. A 64 years old man dancing samba and a bit of capoeira while carrying a guitar in his hands...
Old 24-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #23
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Am I sure of what? That the Stones were pretty impressive in the 60's? Weeeell, I'm quite confident that's what I think of them. That they are just not as cool now? Weeeeeeeeell, I'm quite confident that's also what I think of them. Hey, why don't we do an AR and have a thread with cool/nice/awesome/noteworthy (etc) vids and audio? I can't remember if AB ever had one.
Old 24-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #24
Tito
Alley Cat

I'm absolutely aware that they were impressive in the 60'. No doubt about that. k: What I mean is that they still rock, at least for what I've seen in some recent concert videos. Well, they cancelled all four concerts in Spain last year because of an accident that Keith Richards had, and then because MIck Jagger had lost his voice (just the week before they were playing in London <_< ). But I hope they sitll rock, if they manage to start the concert...
Old 24-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #25
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Tool- Sober \o/
Old 25-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #26
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Right now I'm listening to Riders of Doom by Basil Poledouris (from Conan The Barbarian OST)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #27
Tito
Alley Cat

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Apr 25 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]288395[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Right now I'm listening to Riders of Doom by Basil Poledouris (from Conan The Barbarian OST)
[/b]
Hey! Great soundtrack, it has some impressive chorus in it. And I loved the "Theology/Civilization" theme.
For me, right now, Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues".
Old 02-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #28
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Motorhead - Love Me Forever, The One To Sing The Blues, Going To Brazil, No Voices In The Sky (in order mind you :P)
Old 03-05-2007, 04:15 AM   #29
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm listening to Moody Blues, Forever Autumn, which fits the autumn mood here in Aus. Before that was Dawn In The Forest from the Island Paradise album. The songs have themes and sounds connected with nature and have names like Tropic Moon, Enchanted Valley, White Sand.

Edit: Now it's Inconnumedia, Home. This is from their album The End Party, kind of Goth Rock in style. Some Goth Rock is wrist-slashing stuff, but Inconnumedia's music is beautiful, wistful, eerie. A few songs from their albums were freely available from their home site. Really worth a listen. Another great Goth Rock band, and another indie, is Gossamer. Shell Full Of Sand is one of their best...hope I can find the track on second (old) computer. Love to hear it again.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #30
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Bill Hicks. Because sometimes it feels good to get angry and laugh at the same time