Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
Mike_G
Forum hobbit

The other day I was going though some of my old games when I found Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. I couldnt play either of them cos I lost my code wheel things. Anyway I got a copy off Replacement docs. It was a PDF with a page for each step of the wheel which was kinda slow to use.

Anyway being the sad sort of person that I am I coded a little decoder that works for both games.

You can download it by clicking on the decoder link Here

You can have the prog running alongside the game if its run in DOSBox. Suggestions or feedback is welcome. k:
Mike_G is offline                         Send a private message to Mike_G
Old 19-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
kwaske

Thumbs down

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike_G @ Dec 6 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]270498[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The other day I was going though some of my old games when I found Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. I couldnt play either of them cos I lost my code wheel things. Anyway I got a copy off Replacement docs. It was a PDF with a page for each step of the wheel which was kinda slow to use.

Anyway being the sad sort of person that I am I coded a little decoder that works for both games.

You can download it by clicking on the decoder link Here

You can have the prog running alongside the game if its run in DOSBox. Suggestions or feedback is welcome. k:
[/b]
Do you help with other projects? In 1989 I was hex editing a POR savegame, just as a hobby, and I set myself to the task of changing a savegame from one map location to another. It took me weeks to figure it out, but I made an AMAZING discovery: The Jumper. The programmers left in testing code that was accessed via map location 10 (I think) that presented an interface for "testing" various game features. (Any SSI programmers who developed this game, please confirm this.) One menu item allowed me to add any item in the game to any inventory, many unattainable via normal play. Another allows adding any Monster to your party, or a customizable area play with any set of features. It was a hex editor's pot-of-gold. It allowed me to look at various abilities of various monsters, change their allegiance to fight with me, and copy their abilities to my characters.

Now I am trying to reproduce it 17 years later and I have lost my notes of how I got there. I would appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer, as this was the coolest Easter egg I have ever seen.
kwaske is offline                         Send a private message to kwaske
Old 20-12-2006, 01:50 AM   #3
Mike_G
Forum hobbit

Sorry dude i dont know nothing about them things. These games are a bit before my time. I got them in a compilation which came with the EOB games that I used to like. I just dont like it when things I got dont work, thats why I made this prog. I probably wont even get round to playing the games themselves.
Mike_G is offline                         Send a private message to Mike_G