Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
goomohn26

Default Realistic Nuclear Warfare Games

Anyone know any good and realistic nuclear war titles for DOS? Any game featuring nuclear warfare should do. On a related topic I played a very realistic nuclear war game ten years ago. It was VGA, keyboard, GUI displayed a map of the northern hemisphere. You could locate arm and fire the real payloads of the mid 80s. I believe the game was from 1989 or 90. Anyone ever heard of this game?
goomohn26 is offline                         Send a private message to goomohn26
Old 01-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

wasteland?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

What do you mean exactly? From your posts I understand you want "missile exchange". And how realistic you want them to be?

Ever played Harpoon? Or Red Storm Rising?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
goomohn26

I've played harpoon and RSR (good book too). Yes nuclear exchange. A few more that I've played are: Shadow President, Civilization series, and Red Sky at Morning. All these games featured nuclear warfare. But, they didn't go into the trigonometry of missile strikes and fallout of radiation levels that I remember from that ole game.

I think that game was probably state produced to emulate a nuclear war in the mid 80s. That it is not available on the market and no mention of it is made anywhere kinda backs me up. Still it was awesome and I'd love to have it again.
goomohn26 is offline                         Send a private message to goomohn26
Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

What, you hacked into NORAD just like in "WarGames" the movie? Maybe we should be afraid of you?

Such game surely could get an update. A lot of stuff got declassified recently, like Soviet "seven days to river Rhine" plan (babbled out by Poland).
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Defcon is out several years ago.

I remember Spectrum game of the same intent. The Armageddon Man. Hey, it is even exist for DOS! Global Commander is it.

There is also another, more tactics-oriented nuclear game for DOS, but I am totally forgot it's name.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
goomohn26

Yeah Defcon is a neat arcade game. Global commander looks a little more interesting. I bet that tactical nuclear war game is probably the one I played several years ago. Wish I could find that damn game.