Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #181
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There's a little messing around in the DOSBox config required if you don't want to have to repeat the same basic commands every time you start the emulator. On the plus side, you only have to do that once and then you're set for good.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #182
tifasrevenge
Default Website is down

The LOTR Guide website:

http://web.comhem.se/fradmo/lrpc/index.htm

Appears to be down as of last week. Anyone have a mirror site for this?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #183
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Grab it fast from the Google Cache while it's still there: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...lrpc/index.htm

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #184
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Grab it fast from the Google Cache while it's still there: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...lrpc/index.htm
Hopefully the site owner will be uploading it elsewhere - Turrog?
Old 17-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #185
Dave.
Default LOTR Enhanced Version

I've read the whole thread and seen a couple of requests for any information regarding where to find the CD version (from 1993) of this game. However, none of these requests got a decent reply, so if anyone out there has any idea where to get this CD-ROM version (if at all) please do help!

I've been scouring the internet for the last couple of hours with little luck and would love to find this game.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #186
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
I've read the whole thread and seen a couple of requests for any information regarding where to find the CD version (from 1993) of this game. However, none of these requests got a decent reply, so if anyone out there has any idea where to get this CD-ROM version (if at all) please do help!

I've been scouring the internet for the last couple of hours with little luck and would love to find this game.

If you haven't found it yet, you could try eBay. I look for it regularly to see if the sellers still carry it, and you can either type "Interplay" or "Lord of the Rings" (without the quotation marks of course) under "Computers & Networking" or "Video Games" (try both), I don't know if it is OK to post links from there in the forums, so I hope this helps. Please let me know if you find it.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 14-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #187
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

Did anyone make a mirror of Turrog's Guide to Lord of the Rings? It would be most welcome...
Old 22-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #188
Unreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFey View Post
Did anyone make a mirror of Turrog's Guide to Lord of the Rings? It would be most welcome...
I did ... it's here:
http://fradmo.altervista.org/lrpc/index.htm

Turrog

Old 21-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #189
Frodo423
Default Hints/Tips

I've played this game since I was in grade school. I still have the original CD ROM that my parents bought for me (hence me being able to play it on my Mac). I've read the whole thread, and I'm hoping I can answer a couple of questions.

1) The elf in Lorien with the "greatest enemy of all" question. I got this right once. It was either "oneself" or "myself" or "self" or something like that.

2) Character death/ disappearance is avoidable for the most part. In Bree, Bill Ferny does not take my pony. In Moria, Gandalf doesn't die. The only time I actually lose someone is right outside Moria, when the storyline takes the ring bearer (I don't particularly mind since he really isn't my best muscle). To avoid changes like this, save your game before you get to the event point. Right before you encounter the Prancing Pony, or the Balrog, dismiss the key character i.e. Pony, Gandalf. Once the event has passed, re-recruit them. In the instance of the Balrog, all I did was have Gimli use the Golden Wheel (which doesn't kill the Balrog but just lets you escape). I then creep my fellowship back into Moria, and re-recruit Gandalf (and being careful not to get too close to the Balrog).

3) The glitches in the games are annoying to say the least. Some of them you have to be incredibly careful about. For instance, my fellowship heading into Moria consists of only Frodo, with Gandalf, Gimli,Legolas,Boromir,Aragorn. Instead of the other 3 hobbits, I insert Hawkeye, Glorfindel, Elladan, and Elrohir (total of 10). With Hawkeye, Elladan, and Elrohir, once I dismiss them, I can no longer re-recruit them. I don't know if this is a glitch just for my game or a glitch for others. But you have to be careful.

4) With Hawkeye's cave I was able to go in there before I met him. So I was able to collect everything from the chest and still not have him die.

5) There is supposedly a glitch when finding the Torc of Maladin in the hole in Bree. After the first jump, if you go any further to the east, an error occurs. What I do is walk up with the keypad as far as I can, and then move east. I save my game right before it so in case it doesn't work, I don't have to keep crawling down the hill, equipping the torch, etc. You still should be able to acquire the torc this way.

I have others, but i'm in the process of a playthrough. If I can think of any more I will post them.

Old 21-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #190
Unreg

Frodo423,

For your #1 the correct answer is "Despair". I tried to be subtle about it in my solution (see post above yours for link).

The glitches you mention can be fixed for the most part by editing the dat files. At some time I will post a walkthrough for how to do this. You can add new areas to the map as well ...