View Poll Results: Did you like it?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2007, 02:49 AM   #31
rlbell
Game freak

I found out the problem with grenade tossing. Unlike the UFO Defence and TFTD, you cannot toss a grenade to a space that you cannot see. This realy limits the use as one of the purposes of lobbing grenades is tossing them behind the things that the enemy is using for cover.

I also noticed that scientists and engineers only draw pay while they are working, so you can quickly lay off engineers and scientists by deallocating them. They also draw pay while working, so research and construction grind to a halt when you hit the zero balance.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 15-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #32
Tervez
Never Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbell View Post
They also draw pay while working, so research and construction grind to a halt when you hit the zero balance.
Sounds like they really don't trust you on getting money for their wages.
Tervez is offline                         Send a private message to Tervez
Old 21-12-2007, 01:57 AM   #33
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervez View Post
Sounds like they really don't trust you on getting money for their wages.
They get paid only for piecework, while XCOM staffers are on salary. Looks like XCOM suffers from stronger unions and CAF brings in illegal aliens.
Old 21-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #34
MinigunFiend
Forum hobbit

So does this have multiplayer?
MinigunFiend is offline                         Send a private message to MinigunFiend
Old 30-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
Phaedris

I have player UFO Extraterrestrials and i don't think it is as good as Xcom UFO: Enemy Unknown for a number of reasons
I think that soldiers not dying is a bad move by the developers as i think it removes alot of the urgency of saving ones soldiers and the need for medikits.(Modders have added in this feature it is better with the mod)
UFOs not getting damaged when crash landing makes the missions alittle artificial.
The system of upgrading soldiers in what every you want to is a bit silly i liked the way in Xcom you couldn't pick what was upgraded your men learned as they preformed tasks like shooting made them a better shot and carrying heavy loads made them stronger.
It doesn't have that gritty feel of UFO Enemy Unknown i loved the terror missions.
I think the story in UFO Extraterrestrials is interesting about it being a colony and thats why you don't have to many resources and not many recruits.
Personally i think its a bit of a clone but not a very good one i think its silly to use the Snakeman alien in this game i think they used it to make people think it has something to do with Xcom.
By the way the game has nothing to do with Xcom UFO enemy unknown as the team that made UFO Extraterrestrials had nothing to do with UFO enemy unknown.

Its not the worst game in the world and it would be good if more developers made tactical squad based games.

MinigunFiend no it doesn't have multiplayer if you want to play a multiplayer Xcom like game here are some

UFO 2000 : http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/96 (free)
Laser Squad Nemesis: http://www.lasersquadnemesis.com/ (not free )

If you are looking for a good single player turn based strategy game try out Jagged Alliance 2 your not fighting aliens but its still fun.

Some people might find UFO Extraterrestrials enjoyable but I think I will stick too the old Xcom series for now.
Phaedris is offline                         Send a private message to Phaedris
Old 02-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

I added a simple poll, with the vote of members who played it, people will be able to see if it's a good game or not.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #37
rlbell
Game freak

I answered the poll with a voteof "liked it".

It is not the equal of XCOM,but it is not bad. It actually did away with my biggest gripe about XCOM-- the CAF can actually get enough funding from member nations to prosecute alien incursions. It always frustrated me that XCOM's fight for money was always more pressing than the fight against the aliens.

Unfortunately, UFO:ET is reload hell. You cannot pick up unconcious soldiers and carry them back to the transport for a bugout,so you are forced to reload.

I have finished two complete games, so I have to admit that it is an enjoyable game; even if, it is not XCOM.
Old 13-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #38
Isto
I, Spammer.

Default compared

i think compared to ufo1 and 2 that game isn't too good
Isto is offline                         Send a private message to Isto
Old 13-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think your resurrection of this topic to express an unconstructive point of view that doesn't contribute jack shit to the actual discussion is pointless.
Even more so that it's been dead half a year ago.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread