Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Is manowar the ultimate metal band in the known universe ?
Yes, of course 5 9.62%
Yes, but barely 0 0%
No, not since they dumped Ross the Boss 2 3.85%
No, but keep up the good work 8 15.38%
No way, they are a bunch of loosers 18 34.62%
Manowar ? 19 36.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #21
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 3 2005, 11:11 PM
however i like evry style of music.
Then you are (probably) a happy man. But this lack of musical personality makes your opinion somehow irrelevant when talking about cult die-hard loyal following fans of a particular musical scene.
No hard feelings though !
And kisses to your wife :wub:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 03-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #22
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Jul 3 2005, 11:25 PM
But this lack of musical personality makes your opinion somehow irrelevant when talking about cult die-hard loyal following fans of a particular musical scene.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ain't it more like:
"cult die-hard loyal following" is a sign of lack of ANY kind of personality? LOL
You mean, no matter what kind of sh*t your favourite band will put on record, you'll just accept an appreciateit, because your so "die-hard cult following" them?
That's sad. Really.
I for one have other means of measuring "musical appeal".
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 04-07-2005, 02:22 AM   #23
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

ChucK: i like so many genres and music bands , and i consider myself a hardcore fan of Depeche Mode , but i don´t like the Ecxiter album except for I Feel Loved , Freelove and some few others(like some of the bootleg remixes of DJ K8T has made, that lovely hot woman ) and i miss talking with her

but death metal is not my cup of tea, don´t call me a sissy but Death metal gives me nightmares because of the Growling and screaming.

and ok let us not put musical stickers on styles , since if you feel Sepultura is death , then it is death, but i like them and etc.

Lonely Vazdru: a little tid bit of information of vikings again was as follows before they were christian , they worshipped the norse gods.

and most of them were fishermen, traders (merchants) and only few went out and made havoc on people. and some of them were home and took care of their sheeps and other caddle they had .

and i like my own scandinavian mythology and have some books on it, but the whole period is very exiting and interresting and Wineland was found by Leif The Lucky, many years before Columbus Wineland is up in New Foundland if i remember correct. anyway read about it
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 04-07-2005, 04:39 AM   #24
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jul 3 2005, 11:52 PM
You mean, no matter what kind of sh*t your favourite band will put on record, you'll just accept an appreciateit, because your so "die-hard cult following" them?
Not what i meant. I've been sorely disapointed by bands i worshipped (Kiss or Metallica for instance) and stopped buying their records. Untill better days maybe. And for the personality part, what i meant was that people who listen to any kind of music and people who dig one kind of music are mostly unable to speak with one another (about music of course). The first ones think the second fanatics and narrow-minded, and the second ones think the first have no musical personality or real involvment.
So when you jump from this week popular band to the next (or this month' or this year's popular band, whatever) of course you think manowar are cliché and ridiculous. But if you are intrested in more than music (attitude, live show, refining an old concept over and over) wether at first or second degree, Manowar are unique ! And they have not changed their attitude or musical direction in 20 years. Just like they always claimed. And AC/DC excepted, they probably are one of the only bands who said they would keep their musical integrity no matter what, and who did. This alone should commend respect. :Titan:

Wolverine DK : I love northern mythology (got hooked by the Thor comic books as a teen), but i'm afraid i won't follow your advice about reading about it. It's just that my job consists in reading books so i don't read much on my spare time. But thanx, and see you in Valhalla for sharing ales and tales.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 04-07-2005, 05:05 AM   #25
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Jul 4 2005, 04:39 AM
So when you jump from this week popular band to the next (or this month' or this year's popular band, whatever) of course you think manowar are cliché and ridiculous. But if you are intrested in more than music (attitude, live show, refining an old concept over and over) wether at first or second degree, Manowar are unique !
Sorry, but the first part is simply BS. I have a BROAD taste in music, but that hasn't nescesarilly ANYTHING to do with charts or "what's popular right now". You know, Metal isn't the only genre which has some underground roots... :whistle: Plus I AM "looking deeper", it's just again that "Metal" of any kind isn't the only musical genre with depth to it (and out of the many Metal bands there are, Manowar are one of the more shallow ones, considering music, lyrics and image).
And while Manowar may be "unique", that simply doesn't mean their "good" as well. And about their "truthfulness": Until two or three years ago, they only used to pull their "leather & bikes"-show here in europe, in the US they were always getting on stage in Jeans and T-Shirts, because they feared to be laughed off the stage. Very "trve" and uncomprimising indeed... LOL
Oh, and to me, they aren't really "refining" their concept... they're just making themselves look sillier and desperate with every year they grow older...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 04-07-2005, 05:11 AM   #26
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Well then... I take it you don't like Manowar ?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:20 AM   #27
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Thus the four potentially-rules-breaking- posts were united in a unique long post and the poster didn't get any warning from stricter administrators. He knew, tho, that in the future he would refrain from quadruple, triple or double posting.

Amen
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 04-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #28
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Jul 3 2005, 11:25 PM
But this lack of musical personality makes your opinion somehow irrelevant when talking about cult die-hard loyal following fans of a particular musical scene.
LOL!!! lack of musical personality!! hahaha. some days i listen to death metal. some days i listen to metal. some days i listen to electro. some days i listen to techno. some days i listen to gabba. some days i listen to classical. some days i listen to ambient, sometimes im in an industrial mood. (i have more styles in my collection - bored of typing) some people will say they are eclectic in the pub then they come round mine see my vinyl, cd, and mp3 collection and they realise that maybe they wernt as eclectis as they thought they were.
if being a manowar freak gives you a musical personality then i am glad to be personalityless.

i grew out from being die hard to one particular scene. thats a two dimensional aproach with all the amazing music we have coming through thanks to the home pc reveloution.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 PM   #29
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 4 2005, 11:59 AM
some days i listen to death metal. some days i listen to metal. some days i listen to electro. some days i listen to techno. some days i listen to gabba. some days i listen to classical. some days i listen to ambient, sometimes im in an industrial mood.
Exactly what i meant. I have friends who are like you so don't take this as some form of superiority contest. My friends and i had this discussion going for years and never could get a satisfying answer. To me, jumping around from style to style is weird. It's like dating lots of girls without ever falling in love with one. I just don't understand how you cannot prefer one over the other. To the point were the others don't matter anymore. Anyway, enough with the romantic, diplomat attitude. I have a manowar image to maintain right ? So Be aware, foe, that the hammer af the gods will eventually strike you down to punish your cowardice and lack of involvment... Or something among those lines.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #30
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Jul 4 2005, 11:17 PM

Be aware, foe, that the hammer af the gods will eventually strike you down to punish your cowardice and lack of involvment... Or something among those lines.
is it ok to laugh ? LOL you took the irony and made me laugh LOL
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK