Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Is manowar the ultimate metal band in the known universe ?
Yes, of course 5 9.62%
Yes, but barely 0 0%
No, not since they dumped Ross the Boss 2 3.85%
No, but keep up the good work 8 15.38%
No way, they are a bunch of loosers 18 34.62%
Manowar ? 19 36.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #11
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yo! What's with the triple posting?

EDIT: 's better - nice one.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #12
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

BeefOneTheBone: it is fixed.

omg: well just look at Ramms+ein ? well they are heavy electro.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 03-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #13
omg
Games Master

LOL there you ,, heavy electro is it??? agggh i thought they were industrial metal ...
heh. evry band that comes out they invent a new bloody term
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 03-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #14
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 3 2005, 10:43 AM
real men listen to death. not man o war.
I'm not so sure about the men part. Most of the Death Metal followers quit as soon as they grow up and get a job and a bitchin' wife. You don't see that many death metal freaks aged over 25.
You go to a manowar show, you see all ages. They might be stupid. I'm 38 and maybe i belong in a mental institution. But i've been faithful for more than 20 years.
All this so called modern metal is a patent exemple of bands who want to look mean but wouldn't scare anyone past 14. And man, they just can't play. And i'm not even talking about the singing (or lack of thereof).
As a teenager, i listened to Venom in the early eighties (one of the band that started this "i can't play but i'll make some noise just the same" trend) after a year i realized that what i really wanted to achieve (namely scare every adult around and feel important) was failing miserably. Death to false metal !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 03-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #15
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Well, Rammstein ARE Industrial Metal. And they certainly didn't "invent" a genre for themselves. Apart from the True- and Black Metal-scenes, most bands care sh*t about a "proper definition"... :P

@ Wolverinee... :
Well, only one sentence of my previous post was actually "opinion", the rest is FACT... :angel:

Quote:
and i have never experienced another band sing so much about Vikings
Again: Amon Amarth, anyone?
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 03-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #16
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant+Jul 3 2005, 01:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chuck the plant @ Jul 3 2005, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Relax, lethe, Manowar are a joke and were even MEANT to be one. [/b]

Well that is true but it's not only a joke. They are true to their words, very dedicated to their fans and put a lot of their litle income into buying and designing new stuff. They got this guy (Joohn Dawk Stilwell) who design new instruments and amplifiers for them ever since they started 20 years ago.
And it is possible to have a sense of humour and a sense of honour.

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe@Jul 3 2005, 12:31 PM

To prove my words, I'll just make you take a look at the topic description: Instead of putting a* k: ,* ,* , you placed a* :angry:
That's because it was the only smilie that looked a little serious. I would have put the one with axe and helmet if i knew how. I'm not mean. I'm a cool guy. Really. I just love to kill !!!!!!!

<!--QuoteBegin-WolverineDK
@Jul 3 2005, 08:38 PM
and i have never experienced another band* sing so much about Vikings [/quote]
Hail brother of metal !

True enough and their "swords in the wind" song on warriors of the world is one of my all time favorite. I don't know much about the original vikings, but enough to know that Manowar' vision of them is very romantic and overdramatized. Yet i just love the way they sing about it.
Same thing about the indians (they mix up the tribes most of the times, but it is still cool to enjoy lyrics about honour and everlasting friendship, rather than about butchering infants and sacrifying virgins).

Thank all of you who expressed their feelings, whether good or bad, and eternal shame on those who voted and remained anonymous.
Please continue to insult or defend Manowar. I'll answer to your threats and your praise with the same pleasure.

I fight the world, and take all they can give !

Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 03-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #17
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Can you edit instead of posting four times in a row please? [/minimod]

Manowar are quite good, some of their songs are worth listening to and, like has been said, they're hilarious on occasion.

EDIT: http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=972
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 03-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #18
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Chuck:

this smiley ;-) is strange here since when i am doing it it looks like it is not that happy.

Lonely Vazdru:

well the vikings did not have horns on their helmets and they were coptic christians before they became catholics thanks to Harald Bluetooth

well anyway read about them
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 03-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #19
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Jul 3 2005, 10:43 PM
Can you edit instead of posting four times in a row please ?
Sorry i thought it was better to post 4 small separate answers than a big one. Won't happen again if it is bothering. k:

And thanx for the link, the article was a good exemple of the second degree most people don't get. :blink:

Wolverine DK : When i said i didn't know much, i didn't say i didn't know anything. But thanx just the same.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #20
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru+Jul 3 2005, 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lonely Vazdru @ Jul 3 2005, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-omg@Jul 3 2005, 10:43 AM
real men listen to death. not man o war.
I'm not so sure about the men part. Most of the Death Metal followers quit as soon as they grow up and get a job and a bitchin' wife. You don't see that many death metal freaks aged over 25.
[/b][/quote]
i am 25. i have a wife. i have worked many different jobs. out from the metal crowd i like the band death. death metal is good fun for all the family. and when i fancy it i listen to it. however i like evry style of music. manowar is the kind of thing i think of when i think of kiddie music. o and saxon. not death.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg